A productive weekend!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

The holiday weekend, and an understanding wife, allowed me to get several pens finished. First up:
20062213184_0016ElGrandeBlueBEBCropScale.jpg

This is a TiGold El Grande with a Blue dyed and stabilized BEB. Sorry about the focus in this one.

20062213194_0017ElGrandeWalnutCrotchCropScale.jpg

A Ligero in Walnut crotch. This was turned some time ago, had to wait until a warm day last week to spray the lacquer, then finished it up this weekend.

0622132134_0018SierraSatinNickleTurquoiseCropScale.jpg

0622132157_0019SierraSatinSilverTurquoiseCropScale.jpg

These are two Sierras, top in Satin Nickle, bottom in Satin Silver, both with Turquoise TruStone. Top one was a special request by a customer.

200622132319_0020CigarBlackChromePRCropScale.jpg

Finally, a Black Chrome cigar, with home brew PR and rubber o-rings on the grip. The green and the swirls in it are much more vivid in person.

I would have had one more to show, but the cross cut zebra wood blank blew up on me, final cut too, before getting out the sand paper. I'm trying to salvage it, so hopefully it will still turn out okay.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Cheers,
Draken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Those are all very nice! Nice pretty colors! I really like the cigar one- the PR color goes nicely with the black- good choice. I am curious about the rubber rings though- what exactly are they (besides the obvious... rubber rings!)? How are they on there? CA'd? Did you make a small inset area to put them in? Please share your secret! (Inquiring minds want to copy it!) [}:)][:D]

Draken

Originally posted by angboy
<br />Those are all very nice! Nice pretty colors! I really like the cigar one- the PR color goes nicely with the black- good choice. I am curious about the rubber rings though- what exactly are they (besides the obvious... rubber rings!)? How are they on there? CA'd? Did you make a small inset area to put them in? Please share your secret! (Inquiring minds want to copy it!) [}:)][:D]

Actually, they are from a large kit of rubber o-rings that I picked up at HF. If I recall, I got 363 rings for something like $4 or so. They are not glued in, what I did was turned away the PR all the way down to the brass tubes, the width of the rings (used the point of a skew). Finished up the pen with micromesh and some wax, the put the rings into their grooves. They are a bit smaller than the tubes, so that, and the recesses, should keep them from going anywhere. This was my first attempt at working with the o-rings, and I'm pleased with how they turned out.

Thanks for all the great comments everyone, the cigar is much better in person, the color just doesn't come across in the photo. I'm still bummed about the blowout, but still hoping to salvage it. Haven't taken the clamps off of it yet to see what it looks like.

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom