Productive day off

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I had a productive day off from work. In addition to making a bunch of bangles, I made a custom Perfect fit converter for a lawyer that I work with. She was very specific with her order- copper kit, .7mm converter and stabilized mango. I also sold a bunch of pens to one of my wife's friends.

The perfect fit is pretty exacting, you have to cut the tenon just right for the pen to work right.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I LOVE Mango! It is very different, a beautiful wood. Turns/finishes well.

The pen is excellent! Nice job!

Tenons... :crying:I'm getting used to them with the birdhouses!

robutacion

Yes indeed, a beautiful pen...!

Once, long time ago, I had access to as much mango wood as I wanted, huge trees that had to pulled out and no one wanted them, this was Darwin in the Northern Territory and, there is no use for firewood, is very hot all the time so, its simply bulldozed out and pushed into a pile and burn, shame that I'm so far away to go there and bring a trailer full...!:mad::frown:

One of the "things" about mango wood is that, you see so many varieties, from the tree species to the area where they grown and particularly, large logs that are cut and left there on the ground, getting beautifully spalted. I had a friend there that, had a couple of huge mango trees, one year a storm snapped one of the large branches on one of the trees, I helped cut it up and clean the small branches etc, he didn't have any use for the wood so it was cut into a meter of so lengths, and rolled under the tree as seats, they were as wide/round as a 44 gallon drum, now image the size of those 2 trees main trunks, ginormous...~!

I wish I had some logs of the pretty stuff...!:redface:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom