printed circuit pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gallianp

gallianp

This was a kit from Craftsupply- it was very chippy when turning. I filled the pits with med. CA and sanded so there are flaws but too expensive to pitch.

1_circuit2pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry you had a problem. I have turned many of these with no problems. Sharp sharp tools may be the key here. Don't give up on them. I have sold everyone I have turned.

Mason Kuettel

I have had the same problem with some of the circuit board kits. My observation has had more to do with temperature than anything else. When it is just a little bit cool, the blanks tend to chip worse. When I put my light closer and keep the blank warmer they turn really well.

Then pen looks great! I'll second the "don't give up" comment as I have had good luck with the circuit pens too!

gallianp

Tools were very sharp-- light cuts --- very light! But it was cold in the shop.

Before applying the CA it looked like a row or two of shallow pits all the way around the blank. They (pits) did not appear until the blank was near completion -- yes I did resharpen did not help.

Just having Paul.

gallianp

I alternated between the skew then a modified scrapper (trying to get rid of the pits). Both were VERY sharp -- did I mentioned they were sharp.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I'm not saying they were not sharp or you did anything wrong. My experience is I get those "spiral" pits when I go too fast, too agressive, tools too dull, or very sharp tools used incorrectly. YMMV

Jgrden

Sorry you had a problem. I have turned many of these with no problems. Sharp sharp tools may be the key here. Don't give up on them. I have sold everyone I have turned.
I have a 45.00 price on mine and it has not sold. What price is on yours.?

bruce119

And if you do it again they can be recast. They are made with P.R. so you can recast the blank. I have fixed a few when I used to offer them. So if you happen to bugger one up in the future don't throw it away it can be recast. CA works for small chips but it wont work on something big. The trick is sharp tool such as a skew with a more scraping action high speed and very light cuts. If you start getting chips that is nothing but trouble.

Keep at looking good.

Bruce

gallianp

This is a very late Christmas present for my geek son ( he received others on time) - he lives in the DC area and works for the DOD.

It is VERY hard to see the faults with just a casual look --- But I know where to look. :)

Top Bottom