Prime Ministers Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodman

woodman

On Dec. 14th, 2010 I had the opportunity to Present the Fountain Pen that I hand Crafted to the Prime Minister of Canada in is West Block Office. Prior to the Meeting I was the guest of the PM. For question Period, I had seats in the Speakers Gallery. After Question Period I was take by his gracious Special Assistant Allison Barrett to meet the PM. While I was there with the PM we were photographed by Jill Propp Special Assistant- Photography. He loved the Pen, it was crafted from Cocobolo with 24k Gold plating. I will be adding more but for now this will be all. A Very Special Thanks To Alli and Jill for making this happen! Thanks for Reading. Any comments are welcome.

Attachments

• good 2.jpg
    good 2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 306
  • good 3.jpg
    good 3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 193
  • good 4.jpg
    good 4.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 343
  • good 5.jpg
    good 5.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 482
  • good.jpg
    good.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 317
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

In the very least this will make for some good PR for you. Congrats and hope to see your sales sky-rocketing!!!!!

Scott (wouldn't give our guy a turd) B

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Big congrats Mark. I hope it leads to big things for you.
How did it come about? I can't imagine that you just called them up and said...'Hi, my name is Mark and I'd like to give the PM a pen' and they say..'Sure, come on round' :confused::eek:

Again, well done:wink:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Awesome opportunity, nice looking pen. I did have a cold shiver when I read the 24k Gold plating part of your post. :befuddled:

wiset1

:eek: Fantastic! Truly a special moment to be captured and remembered. I would say that this is my goal as well. I head off to work in my new position at the White House in a couple of months so I hope to be able to have something like this happen there as well. Congrats!!!!

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
congradulations, the only time I came close to a well known politican (My sons Boss) and presented him a pen I had made he said " let me give you one of mine" and took his pen from his shirt pocket and gave it to me. It has Metro Nashville Police Dept and their logo on it, nice quill brand pen. It was Ronald Serpas the former chief of police of Metro Nashville. That was the last week he was the chief. he resigned and went to NewOrleans in the same position. needless to say I know how pleased you are..................

studioso

just for curiosity, how much did you charge for it?

just kidding!
congrats. if you ever make a web sites to sell pens, this will make a great splash page! or even if you make a sign for shows and such: "good enough for Mr. Harper, good enough for you!"

BTW, did you get something in return? perhaps a tour on the new f-35 jets?

woodman

Thanks for all the kind words, I have often wondered if the Prime Minister actually uses it. Well I asked his Assistant if I could get a print made of one of the pics and she told me that he "Gave it a whirl that day and he keeps it on his desk in the West Block"

turbowagon

What an honor and an excellent pen!

(How bad is it that I don't know which guy is the Prime Minister :embarrassed:
lol.gif
)

seamus7227

What an honor and an excellent pen!

(How bad is it that I don't know which guy is the Prime Minister :embarrassed:
lol.gif
)

LMAO!! I was thinking the same thing! Then I figured it out by process of elimination. Congrats on the exchange! Be proud you have the picture to prove it! The founder of a regional restaurant chain down here called TACO CASA commissioned 3 of my Hybrid pens, 2 for State Senators that are his family members (California and Indiana)and a third for Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger since the California Senator works with him. These pics can be seen on my website labeled as Congressional pens, but my point is that I wasn't able to get a picture of me with any of them or just the pens with them. Oh Well, It still feels pretty good knowing that those guys have something that I worked hard to design and create and my name and card were delivered with them!

Top Bottom