Prickley Pear Cactus!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

I have to thank the great IAP members for all their help in making this possible, the tutorials by people like Don,Curtis and the cactus that I recived from Dario. You just can't belive how excited I was as I turned this . Last week I cast My first snake that came out and now this WOW... I TOLD YOU I WAS EXCITED
OK it's not the greatest thing since slic

2006820145131_DSCF0013.jpg

2006820145237_DSCF0014.jpg

ed bread but it's a far cry from thar first slim line I turned last December...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Nice going, Roy. I've done three castings of the cactus skeleton and I did not get very good results at all. I even tried to follow Curtis's instructions. Did you cast one at a time? My tries have been larger...maybe I need to really follow Curtis's instructions. I'll keep trying and hopefully will be successful. I really like the look of those cactus pens.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br />I have to thank the great IAP members for all their help in making this possible, the tutorials by people like Don,Curtis and the cactus that I recived from Dario. You just can't belive how excited I was as I turned this . Last week I cast My first snake that came out and now this WOW... I TOLD YOU I WAS EXCITED
OK it's not the greatest thing since slic

<br />ed bread but it's a far cry from thar first slim line I turned last December...

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I think they all look great, the color combination on this one is neat also.
Though I have no immediate desire to cast resins(I'd rather cut plexiglass and wood) I am wondering if anyone has colored the cactus prior to casting it or...
Has anyone tried a Loofa sponge yet?
NIce job!

redfishsc

Or to add to eagle's idea, spanish moss?

That's a very chic pen there bud! Great job, great selection of color and pen kit (El Grande right?). Very, very nice indeed!

myname1960

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />I think they all look great, the color combination on this one is neat also.
Though I have no immediate desire to cast resins(I'd rather cut plexiglass and wood) I am wondering if anyone has colored the cactus prior to casting it or...
NIce job!

What is a Loofa sponge?
I have thought of using the colored sponges you find in stores or a sea sponge but wasn't sure how it would work.

myname1960

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br />I have to thank the great IAP members for all their help in making this possible, the tutorials by people like Don,Curtis and the cactus that I recived from Dario. You just can't belive how excited I was as I turned this . Last week I cast My first snake that came out and now this WOW... I TOLD YOU I WAS EXCITED
OK it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread but it's a far cry from thar first slim line I turned last December...

Well i place your pen above sliced bread. Very well done.

Dario

<br />I think they all look great, the color combination on this one is neat also.
NIce job!

I have been planning on making one (loofah) for 2 years now LOL...but haven't had the chance. Might try some also when I do make some cactus.

I like that pen a lot...might have to get some of that kit too.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by myname1960
<br />
NIce job!

What is a Loofa sponge?
I have thought of using the colored sponges you find in stores or a sea sponge but wasn't sure how it would work.

A Loofah is a gourd like vegetable that is normally used as a scrubber in the bathroom or kitchen.
The membrane like appearance resembels the cactus shown but to me it appears the network is might finer.
Google image up
Loofa

SteveRoberts

Great looking pen and NICE job on the casting.

<b>Anyone out there interested in casting a few blanks like this one for me?</b> I pay well and promptly.

Steve

OKLAHOMAN

Don, yes I pored singley just as Curtis and also used the duct tape to hold cactus together, painted the tubes and also inside of the blanks
Redfishsc, yes ElGrande

myname1960

[/quote]

What is a Loofa sponge?
[/quote]

A Loofah is a gourd like vegetable that is normally used as a scrubber in the bathroom or kitchen.
The membrane like appearance resembels the cactus shown but to me it appears the network is might finer.
Google image up
Loofa
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I did do a search on loofa and guess what. I have seen loofa sponges before. Ya learn something new everyday.

74cuda

Originally posted by Dario
<br />
NIce job!

I have been planning on making one (loofah) for 2 years now LOL...but haven't had the chance. Might try some also when I do make some cactus.

I like that pen a lot...might have to get some of that kit too.

Very Nice.

What pen kit was used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom