Previous works - PIC HEAVY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's a little of what I've been up to the past few months. Been so busy with life and pens that I haven't been posting much. Today is pretty much a chill day so I hope you enjoy some of my work.

First up is a commission for a royal purple and brass FP. I made the material and brass accents myself. He wanted it left satin so the brass will patina much like the vintage clip I used.

DSC06730 (759x900).jpgDSC06734 (840x900).jpg

The next two I made to take to the DC pen show to show off. They both sold within 5mins of arriving!

Electric Green with a black ebonite front section:

DSC06750 (776x900).jpgDSC06751 (732x900).jpg

Combustion with black ebonite front section:

DSC06742 (767x900).jpgDSC06744 (734x900).jpg

Then we have another commission. She asked for a pen in Calico colors so I came up with this. I call it Calico Koi. It came out great and she loves it!

DSC06789 (720x900).jpgDSC06795 (813x900).jpg

Last up is one I made just for fun that didn't last long on my site. Another version of my "Koi" material. I call this one Arctic Koi.

DSC06417 (724x900).jpgDSC06422 (793x900).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

I both love and hate these threads, you post all these pens I love and I never have enough time to really look at them long enough :biggrin:

Awesome pens man, enjoy your chill day!

jttheclockman

If you put a gun to my head and told me to choose I would choose green artic or artic green .That would be the best I could do. The right eye picked the green and the left eye took the artic. :biggrin::doctor:

Brooks803

I both love and hate these threads, you post all these pens I love and I never have enough time to really look at them long enough :biggrin:

Thanks Warren! I'm sure things are busy at home with the new addition so hopefully you'll get a chill day "soon" :wink:.

Nice pens Brookes. I have been dabbling in casting myself of late. Evan

Thanks Evan! I was just looking at your latest creation. Very cool! We really need to meet up one day and talk pens/casting. We're only a few mins away from one another, lol.

Brooks803

Thanks Everyone for the kind words!

All are stunning, but I'll vote for door #1! I love the brass accents and the shading in the blank is wonderful.

Thanks Mark! Yeah that one is my fav as well. I really liked how the brass came out. Most custom pens are super light and this one had a nice weight to it but still less than a typical kit.

evan bahr

Thanks Warren! I'm sure things are busy at home with the new addition so hopefully you'll get a chill day "soon" :wink:.

Thanks Evan! I was just looking at your latest creation. Very cool! We really need to meet up one day and talk pens/casting. We're only a few mins away from one another, lol.

I would love to see how you pour your blanks. I will post a 6 color alumilite pour pen next. I remember your seven color pour and was very impressed with it. If you managed to pour it by yourself I am even more impressed as Alumilite doesn't afford you much working time! Evan

Brooks803

I would love to see how you pour your blanks. I will post a 6 color alumilite pour pen next. I remember your seven color pour and was very impressed with it. If you managed to pour it by yourself I am even more impressed as Alumilite doesn't afford you much working time! Evan

You're welcome to come out any time! Oh yeah...I always do it all by myself. No help mixing or anything. Very little room for error that's for sure! The Calico Koi pen in this post has 6 colors in it. They're subtle in the variation but it's still 6 different mixes!

Top Bottom