Pretty Wood Pen...one for Lou

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from southernclay

southernclay

I was fortunate enough to have bought some of Lou's (DCBluesman) wood stash that Roy handles a few months back. With his recent passing I wanted to turn one. Not sure I did it justice but I do like it. Labeled as Amboyna but smelled and looks more like a rosewood burl to me. Either way I think it's a pretty wood pen :) Trying out a new photo setup too, turned out alright overall for my standards at least.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4134.JPG
    IMG_4134.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_4136.JPG
    IMG_4136.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_4138.JPG
    IMG_4138.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_4139.JPG
    IMG_4139.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 436
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The pen is beautiful Warren. Certainly did it justice, and the pictures are also excellent in my opinion.

From my screen it looks like a matte finish, which I favor. But, it may be the image.

southernclay

Thanks guys

Mark its more or less semi gloss. I used Pens Plus and then took it to the buffer to see what would happen. It's a little less glossy than the typical Pens Plus finish.

The photos were done on my phone so glad you think they look good. Trying to simplify the whole photo process and getting closer to being a simple quick setup.

dcannon

Great looking pen. the color does seem to look closer to rosewood than amboyna, but regardless it's beautiful piece. What kit is that, by the way?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

southernclay

Great looking pen. the color does seem to look closer to rosewood than amboyna, but regardless it's beautiful piece. What kit is that, by the way? Thanks for sharing. Dan

Thanks Dan,
It's the new Raven from Lazerlinez, great pen, the threads are a bit tighter than what I'm used to but I like it so far. Appreciate the kind words!

southernclay

Thanks Chuck and John.

John what really threw me off is the smell, it had a really pleasant sweet smell, very dense. The Amboyna I've turned has a really nice spicy smell to it and this piece was just sweet like a rosewood. I doubt he would have had mislabeled though. The good news is I have a couple more blanks of it!

Top Bottom