Pretty Wood Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from budnder

budnder

Had a request for a wooden fountain pen, kit and postability didn't matter... I went with a Churchill, as I like the section, the rounded look and the lack of bling. Used a Olive Root Burl blank from George's Bits of Timber. Swapped the nib out for a tuned up Bock.

Attachments

• ChurchillFountain-9093.jpg
    ChurchillFountain-9093.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 528
  • ChurchillFountain-9094.jpg
    ChurchillFountain-9094.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 227
  • ChurchillFountain-9095.jpg
    ChurchillFountain-9095.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 273
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom1697

Great looking pen! Thanks for mentioning where you got the blanks. I am fairly new to pen turning (6 months now) and I am always looking for quality places to find blanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

budnder

Thanks for the kind words.

You know... I admit to being hesitant about ordering wood and shipping it from Australia (where George is) to the US (where I am). But while the shipping is higher, but it's not that much higher when taken in the context of a larger order, say north of $50 for example. The delivery time was only an extra couple of days longer than what I experience with eBay. And then you consider how much money you spend on equipment and other supplies... the extra fifty cents shipping on a burl is probably not where I'd find an fifty cents to save in my undertaking. The experience has me wanting to explore other "out of country" blank providers also.

Top Bottom