Pretty in pink...and others

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from armyturner

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyturner

First - Satin Pearl Cigar in pink and white homebrew PR
Second - Teacher's pen in Walnut, Maple, and Paduk (I think)
Third - Chrome Slimline in Flame Box Elder and Paduk

Last is an example of what happens when the tripoli wheel decides to reach out and snatch the bottle stopper out of your hands and then proceed to body slam it into the bed of the lathe. There is another large chunk taken out of the other side as well. It WAS green and purple homebrew PR. I guess I will hold on better next time.

20071143435_Pink.jpg

200711434330_teachers.jpg

200711434350_new%20pens%20024.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBusardo

Not sure I would use pink on such a large pen, but it did come out nice! I have always liked the teacher's kit. I have one that looks very similar in my album. I feel you pain on the bottle stopper. In my shop, that sort of thing usually comes right before a barrage of foul language [:(!]

armyturner

Gary - I sort of agree with you about the choice of kits, but I liked the way that the blank looked and didn't want to loose the look by turning it away. I guess it will just be for some lady with really large hands.

James - the stopper is cracked all of the way through. I am unsure if it would stay together if I tried turning it again.

airrat

Pens look great.

With my bottle stoppers I keep them on the mandrel to give myself little more gripping room. I don't know how many times I have lost the little chunk of white diamond when putting it on the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom