Pretty in Pink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MorganGrafixx

MorganGrafixx

This one is the "better half" of the diagonal cut Ambrosia Maple pen from yesterday. Husband and wife order....still have 2 bottle stoppers to make to finish the order.

Attachments

• IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 136
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MorganGrafixx

Almost forgot....the blank is YET ANOTHER Brooks' Custom. If my photography skills weren't garbage you'd be able to see that this blank looks like it came from a bubble gum pink tree. The swirling looks like wood grain! AND it's translucent, so you can see through some parts deeper down into some darker marbling.

Here's how it all went down:

I called up Jonathon and said "Hey man, I need blanks for a pen and a stopper. I want one to be pink like a pen I turned way back when. I want it to be pearlescent, and I want it to have more than one shade of pink." Johnathon said, "Sure, let me see what I can do." So I hung up the phone and a couple seconds later I heard a knock on the door.
It was the mail carrier. I thought this was an odd time for the mail carrier to be coming by since it was just after midnight. But apparently Johnathon has sick wizard powers, because it was my blanks! He called the next morning to apologize for the delay in production. He told me that he actually had to make 2 batches because he wasn't entirely happy with the color of the pink. Otherwise it would only have been 1 second instead of two. I informed him that this time I would make due, but that he need to get it together for the next run. :biggrin:

Honestly though, Johnathon (Brooks803) is a master of his craft! I've seen others posting on here about thing I have known for a little while now. Every time someone new tries his blanks out, another person is added to the list of people who understand what I mean when I say "pictures don't do his blanks justice!" If you need anything poured, he's your man.

Brooks803

Lol...if only the elves would quit making a pit stop for donuts on their delivery runs they would have gotten them there sooner. Pudgy little buggers! Honestly though, it looks great and man did you put a shine on it! It also looks like you choose to use the blanks made in the second run, so now I'm happy I made the call the redo them. That blank has 4 colors in it. Can't wait to see how the blue ones come out as well as the stoppers. Btw, were the stoppers a good size to start with?

MorganGrafixx

Lol...if only the elves would quit making a pit stop for donuts on their delivery runs they would have gotten them there sooner. Pudgy little buggers! Honestly though, it looks great and man did you put a shine on it! It also looks like you choose to use the blanks made in the second run, so now I'm happy I made the call the redo them. That blank has 4 colors in it. Can't wait to see how the blue ones come out as well as the stoppers. Btw, were the stoppers a good size to start with?

Oh the 1st pink batch is already working it's way through the maelstrom that is my mind. I have plans for that one, just you wait.

The stopper blanks are perfect! Enough there to play around with the profile a couple different times until I find something I like.

Top Bottom