Pretty in Pink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lkorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkorn

Here is a special order Streamline American, with Swiss Rose Gold fittings. The pink acrylic comes from our very own "Rootin' Tootin' Johnny Wooten". Turns like a dream. It just peels off in long ribbons. Thanks Johnny

2005111522118_Pretty%20in%20Pink%20001.jpg

20051115221126_Pretty%20in%20Pink%20004.jpg

Sorry about the sorry photo manipulation. I'm still trying to figure out photoshop.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

Good looking pen larry. Your wood is going out tomorrow. Also got some acrylics in there for ya. I am trying something new with the pink acrylic. Frank (Rifleman) gets to be my guinea pig for the new stuff.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by rtjw
<br />Good looking pen larry. Your wood is going out tomorrow. Also got some acrylics in there for ya. I am trying something new with the pink acrylic. Frank (Rifleman) gets to be my guinea pig for the new stuff.

Yep, Ol' Frank just loves that acrylic!!! [}:)]

lkorn

Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Larry can't tell much from the pic but the color is really nice.

Well Pastor, the color is all that is really important here. Turning is merely two straight-line barrels. I feel that adding shape to this pen would actually be detracting from the appearance.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />
Originally posted by rtjw
<br />Good looking pen larry. Your wood is going out tomorrow. Also got some acrylics in there for ya. I am trying something new with the pink acrylic. Frank (Rifleman) gets to be my guinea pig for the new stuff.

Yep, Ol' Frank just loves that acrylic!!! [}:)]

Ya just gotta love Texans. [:)] Even if it is illegal in Arkansas to say so. [:p]
Johnny sent me a great care package of blanks. There were five of his acrylic pinks and some beautiful wood. I guess he didn't want me to go into a wood-withdrawal shock by making the switch to abruptly. [;)]
Can't figure why he would send me all this beautiful freebie stuff. Guess it's like trying to make someone a religious convert. [:0] Seriously, it is fine looking stuff and I am very appreciative of Johnny doing this for me. I have two sets of blanks ready for turning, plus another of Eagles creative laminations and a knock-out spalted burl ready to go. Yesterday my Baron pin chuck came from Fangar. After experimenting, I'll make a closed end Baron from the beautiful burl blank Johnny included in the care package. Better stop typing and start turning. Pictures will be posted, assuming Murphy doesn't strike. Also, I'll give a little run-down on my experience turning Johnny's non-wood blanks.

rtjw

Thanks Frank. Cant wait to see pictures. I tried something new with the pink and cant wait to see what it turns out like.

I didnt know whether to send instructions to you about how to turn acrylics or not. I didnt know if you would know since you dont turn acrylics alot and you're from Arkansas! It's kinda like you got two strikes against ya![:p]

wayneis

I hope the Rose Gold holds up better than mine has in the past. I quit buying them because they end up turning brown. Nice job on your pens though.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom