A present for the wife.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from John Den

John Den

As Soon as she saw the Bearwoods Hawaiian Ice blank she wanted it as a fountain pen.
"Simple" I said "How about one like this" I replied, showing her a Timberbits Jnr Gent in gold plating. "It will be in your hand in no time at all"
Famous last words!
"Lovely" she said "BUT please leave off that nasty metal bit at the end"
That's for putting the cap on the end when you write" I replied.
"No I don't want that" she said. "I lay the cap on my desk as it makes the pen very heavy"

I answered with what has proved to make a happy marriage!
"Yes my Dear"
Well it was a wedding anniversary present!
Regards,
John[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• 2013-05-14 Cathys Pen Capped 800.jpg
    2013-05-14 Cathys Pen Capped 800.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 2013-05-15 Cathys Pen 800.jpg
    2013-05-15 Cathys Pen 800.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 175
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Allen

Nice Pen John. I'll have to get one of those blanks.
Is the closed end entirely one piece or is there a matching cap?
It looks like a separating line on the end piece but I cannot be sure.

John Den

It looks like a separating line on the end piece but I cannot be sure.
It is all in one BUT the drilling for the Tube and a little bit more to take a convertor(which as I found after completion didn't fit anyway!!!) ends at the start of the orange section, by chance

As the blank looked a bit transparent I painted the inside with white spray quick set enamel and I'm sure this gave the effect of looking as though there was a demarcation, where the paint extended to, making this lighter in colour.

NEXT TIME I'll try to drill down to the last bit so that the paint reaches the farthest parts and hopefully this won't occur.

I started with a Timberbits kit, threw away the posting finial and made a "Skiprat" O-ring pin chuck to turn the closed end body. I carefully turned the diameter of the pin chuck down so that it was a sliding fit in the body brass tube. This worked very well with no wobble even in the Wood Lathe's 4 jaw scroll chuck

Regards,
John

Top Bottom