Premature Show Off!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from grub32

grub32

I just made these blanks for my Pittsburgh steelers pens. I cant wait to turn them fast and beautiful!! I put some tutorials up on youtube. These are the ones that I have shown how to make. As always, critiques welcome. I know the color sucks already, still working on that [V]

The links to the videos are in the casting and stabilization forum if anyone is interested.

Grub32

Image Insert:
2008328235653_gold.jpg

Image Insert:
2008328235711_Ribbons.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

I am anxious to see how this turns out. It is really hard find the correct yellow for the Steelers colors. I segmented one before Christmas and used an acrylic sheet and the strips were thin and picked up from the black stripe next to it.
Please keep us posted with your progress.

hughbie

i have some yellow powdercoat paint that i've mixed in PR and if ya use enough of it, it actually comes out the exact color you're looking for.
if ya want.....email me your address and i'll package some for ya and mail it to ya.....
free of charge.

if ya want, i'll get a pic of what i've poured and let you see the match

grub32

Actually, the problems that I have had on this with color were not from the blanks. I am still working with my light tent and have had problems getting my white balance correct. I think I may have it now. I am going to try again later today. I have pens made from these blanks and I would love to show them off. Hopefully, they will look great!

Grub32

Top Bottom