Prairie Rattlesnake Jr Gent II -- Thanks, Roy!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimMc7

JimMc7

First, the pen -- Prairie Rattlesnake cast by Roy (aka OKLAHOMAN) on a rhodium Jr Gent II. I'm still waffling between JG-II and Jr Statesman II for the kit but I wanted to highlight the blank rather than the kit so it's on the JG-II for now.

IMG_6582.jpg

The backstory:
I loaned Roy a few Tormek jigs recently. No real cost to me as I was out of town for a few weeks for my son's wedding. Roy returned the jigs as soon as I was back home and he included a super collection of blanks in the return shipment. Generosity is not uncommon for IAP members, but including such nice blanks was much too generous on Roy's part! No doubt I got the better end of this deal.

Thanks again, Roy -- I'll try not to botch them!

1930s Bakelite:

IMG_6583.jpg

50/50 Amboyna Burl, exhibition grade AB, redwood burl and the JG/JS-II rattlesnake casts:

IMG_6575.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Wow Jim you sure did that snake Justice!
Now for the real rest of the story.....We are not talking about a few jigs but close to all that Tormeck makes and not for a few days but close to a month. I was able to try them all to see which ones I just had to have.........damn near all so, I took a second mortgage out and everything in the shop,house and anywhere else are razor sharp. This is a great site when a person who has never met someone else will send $400-$500 worth of jigs for someone to try.....makes me happy to be part of this family.

Top Bottom