Pradauk with Shark Inlays

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodpens

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpens

This is a Tiger Stripe Pradauk pen with two mammoth ivory shark inlays that I made for a pen exchange with the Pen Makers Guild. The inlays were not as tight as they should be in the pockets, but the CA glue filled it in decently. I didn't have small enough end mills for the inlay, but I ordered some today. I'll get this right yet.
2004122973426_Shark.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Jim

without a doubt you need to get it right. So give this one to me and keep trying. [:D]

It looks great the way it is!

R.T.

PenWorks

Pretty lucky person, who draws your name Jim, I think you should just send it to me and I'll send you one of mine. Very nice work. I sold 3 tiger pradauk pens this month, what a great wood. Anthony

Efletche

I think the pen in awesome. I would like to see your setup on doing the inlay and the tools you use for it.

woodpens

Thank you all for the comments. I use an inlay machine used for pool cues to cut my inlays and pockets. It is basically a Dremel tool on a pantograph. I am currently working on an article for the IAP to demonstrate how to make pens with inlays.

Efletche

An article would be great. Can you include the sites you purchased your equipment from too?

woodpens

Anthony,
I have a fair amount of Tiger Stripe Pradauk, but my Afzilia Xylay and Burl are running out. Do you know if Bountha is still selling it? Maybe you have a different source. Anyway, he contacted me not long ago saying he was back in charge, but I haven't been able to contact him. Any idea?

PenWorks

Jim, try this e mail link katz_i@earthlink.net , This is to Ed in Texas, not real sure on his last name. I was buying all my tiger pradauk & afzalia and the xylay from him. Really a nice guy, tell him I referred you. I met him thru ebay, he allways had some wood on there. He passed thru one day on his way to see Bill B in AZ and I really stocked up at the time. Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom