Practicing my segments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

workinforwood

Managed 2 more different swirly segments. The first one is my first Euro slim too. I added purpleheart to the top and bottom and had to try some coke can and credit cards too. There's only so much time, so I'm throwing whatever I've got into this stuff ! The swirls are apple, ebony, brazilian cherry and white oak.
The middle sierra is ebony, apple and sumac.
And the third is the El Grande. It's already been seen with a nasty background before. Ebony, Maple, and tulipwood.
swirlpen020.jpg

Thanx for takin a peak !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

The left pen is 4 sticks, the other two are three sticks. Very simple and basic...4 sticks 1/2 by 1/2 by 14" long glued together to form a 1 " block. Chop saw set for 1/8 with stop block, slice the blocks. Gather up the slices, match them back by colors, stack some into managable piles. Tape piles together, 2" masking tape. Drill for barrel. Sand barrel, slide first slice down the barrel. pour med CA onto slice, add next slice slightly offset from the first slice and so on. I just offset them by eye, it's not a science and doesn't have to be exact. clamp the stack and let dry, belt sand to points off, barrel trim, turn and finish. It takes alot of time, but most of the time is waiting for glue to dry...so you go do something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom