Practicing my crosses

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Played around doing Celtic Crosses today. First one is a closed ended Elk on a Baron and the black / white one is a cheap UK kit, with a Dice-doohickey. The BW one is my favourite of these two.
Although the crosses turned out ok, I agree with my wife that the Elk one looks a bit like an old greasey chicken bone:redface:
The cuts on both are 1mm. The white is PR and the other is laminated green plastic and brass. I had problems getting the brass and green plastic to stick and eventually went out and got some fresh CA.

Thanks for looking. any C or C's welcome :biggrin:

Attachments

• CEcrossElk1.jpg
    CEcrossElk1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 337
  • CEcrossElk2.jpg
    CEcrossElk2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 326
  • BWcrossDice1.jpg
    BWcrossDice1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 347
  • BWcrossDice2.jpg
    BWcrossDice2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 274
  • BWcrossDice3.jpg
    BWcrossDice3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 307
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Skippy, your chicken bone can go in my pocket any time.. and that laminated green plastic with dice another of your specials. Both are wowsers...Is that a word?

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Steven,

As usual, these are magnificant!

I'm out of town this weekend helping my wife move from one apartment to another. When I get back tomorrow I plan to work on your Aussie Exchange pen some more. I keep hoping something will happen to make it even slightly worth the pen you made me, but there is no possible way that will happen!

For those who don't know, the photos show the awesome pen Steven made me. I can make my patients cringe when I break it out to sign something!!

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

altaciii

As usual, your practice pens are more often than not better than my showcase pens. Great job on both. The chicken bone look on the elk is common, that's why my antler of choice is always whitetail and in a pinch axis.

Ligget

Greasy chicken bone :eek: your good lady certainly has a way with words! LOL Excellent work on both pens Steve and you made a lovely job of the Celtic knots. :):)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Great pens Skippy, but a pet peeve of mine. They are neither Celtic Crosses nor Celtic Knots.

I certainly agree with you Mike but I couldn't fit......

'Practicing my thin-cut-and-insert-laminate-at-45deg-half-way-through-on-the-blank-on-each-side-before-turnings'.

..in the thread title:biggrin::tongue:

Jim Smith

Thank you for a good afternoon laugh at your response to these being neither Celtic crosses or Celtic knots:rotfl:

Jim Smith

leestoresund

Celtic cross not

I'll bite.

If they are neither Celtic Crosses or Celtic Knots do they have some other easy to use name?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Lee

Daniel

Hey Skip, Did I ever tell you about my other hobby? Collecting greasy chicken bones. I might even have the largest collection of greasy chicken bones in the country. I am pretty sure that once it is discovered it will be world famous. It could give you a real name to have yours added to my collection. Could be the only greasy chicken bone with a tattoo also.
I actually do like the white one but the Black one has that extra stuff that you really have an eye for. There are nice pens, then there ones that have that element of magic. that pen could be used as a wand.

Russianwolf

OK. I looked it up.

Endless interwoven loop.

That's why they are called Celtic knots.

Lee

But the technique that Skippy is displaying here isn't exactly a celtic knot. The reason is the last piece that's inlaid make a complete unbroken circle of the pen, not interwoven as the definition states. That's why its a pseudo-celtic knot. It looks very similar, but isn't quite.

Top Bottom