Power is Back on in the Shop!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lhowell

lhowell

Well Hurricane Matthew put a hurtin' on us down here in NC. Thankfully my place and my parent's place (where the shop is at) stayed high and dry but my parents lost power and did not regain it until late Wednesday. The house can run on generator power for about three weeks before the propane tank runs dry but the shop is not hooked up to the generator so we have been out of commission since Saturday!

Was finally able to get in the shop last night and turn out a few pens! Talk about therapeutic! I had cast the 2nd Amendment label blank a few weeks back and have been itching to put it on the lathe. Mated it with a flat black .30cal bolt action kit and I am really liking the results! This was my first successful label cast after many failed attempts so I am ready to try a few more now! This pen sold so fast too!

The second pen is part of the inventory I am building up for my first craft fair. It is a black and gold double dyed burl on a Berea gold and chrome Ultra Cigar Pen kit. 10 coats of thin CA sanded through 12,000 grit and hit with Novus 3 then Meguiar's Plast-X, and then Novus 1 polishing compounds.

Attachments

• IMG_3954.jpg
    IMG_3954.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3953.jpg
    IMG_3953.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 150

flyitfast

Glad to hear that you were spared damage from the flooding. Power being lost is small compared to what many are suffering through.
Great looking pens.
Gordon

lhowell

Glad to hear that you were spared damage from the flooding. Power being lost is small compared to what many are suffering through.
Great looking pens.
Gordon

Gordon,

Absolutely! We were extremely fortunate as I have several family and friends in Eastern NC that are under water or cannot get back to their house to check on things because of the floodwaters. Very devastating. Trying to get some volunteers from my church together to go down there and help out with debris removal and any demolition/repairs that we can help with.

Top Bottom