Powder Metal Damascus Statesman Jr II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from txcwboy

txcwboy

Had the blank since they first came out. Turned about like hard trustone. Took twice long to turn basically. It came out nice but not work the $ for what I have to sell it for. I just got a metal lathe and will turn some real damascus next time. Finished with MM and Plastic Polish. comments welcome

Dave

Attachments

• damascus2.JPG
    damascus2.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 375
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Whatever the material and the effort you put into it- it shows! Nice looking pen and very manly looking to me. Look nice on some big wigs desk!

jttheclockman

Very well made. Like the fit and finish. So I am guessing it is a metal??? Like the color on this one. Thanks or showing.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looks good there Dave . Have mine in line to be turned this week . Did you use the sample polish that came with the blank ? Or did you not get any ? Just curious !

Texatdurango

Had the blank since they first came out. Turned about like hard trustone. Took twice long to turn basically. It came out nice but not work the $ for what I have to sell it for. I just got a metal lathe and will turn some real damascus next time. Finished with MM and Plastic Polish. comments welcome

Dave
Dave, The pen looks nice and I agree with your assesment on the price of the blank. With some of the snazzy gold matrix truestone blanks at a fraction of the cost, competition is tough. I found that using "Flitz" metal polish made the pens shine a bit more than using plastic polish.

For those asking if it is metal or how it turns or feels, there was a thread back in 2007 when this product was first introduced to the forum and I did a little write up on it complete with some photos you might find of interest. http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1201&highlight=mokume

jttheclockman

Got a little testy in that post from a few people. It was interesting and maybe something to try . Wonder if they will do a group buy again in the near future???

txcwboy

I didnt get any sample with mine. I was going to use Flitz but couldnt find it at the time.
thanks for all the comments !

Dave

JohnU

Turned out great! I made 2 of them a few months back. I think it was the slowest Ive ever worked on a pen (worried about destroying that blank I spent so much on). I had good luck with the 2 part nova polish it came with, but also opted to seal with a couple layers of clear spray lacquer, which is supposed to keep the blank from tarnishing or darkening. So far so good.

Top Bottom