Powder Coated Aluminum Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

This is my second kitless aluminum mechanical pencil. I bought a Harbor Freight powder coating set up a year or so ago and finally broke down and used it.

C3EBD9ED-DBB2-4C39-A5F6-D3ACA3B1474F.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That looks nice! It looks like a matte finish??? Which is awesome. And maybe a Richard Greenwald Component?

That is an attractive pencil - I've been searching the horizons for a good pencil for a few friends/relatives; this is helpful.

magpens

Very lovely work, Cody !!

And your thread is very timely .... I have been intending to start a thread to find out if anyone uses powder coating on pens .... now I know !

One question is about range of colors .... if you want a non-standard color can you mix powders to achieve the ?

Or would that give you a spotted-cow effect ?

Last edited:

Cwalker935

Very lovely work, Cody !!

And your thread is very timely .... I have been intending to start a thread to find out if anyone uses powder coating on pens .... now I know !

One question is about range of colors .... if you want a non-standard color can you mix powders to achieve the ?

Or would that give you a spotted-cow effect ?

I am not a powder coating authority by any means and have no idea if the powders can be blended. However, Prismatic powders claims to have over 6500 colors with a large range of glosses.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/

magpens

Cody, thank you indeed for that info and link.

You answered another question .... seems you choose the gloss when you choose the powder.
That is good to know.

Top Bottom