Postage Stamp in a casting - Prototype

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Leviblue

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I've been asked to do a postage stamp long click pen. I've done the money pen in a clear casting so I thought this would be the same process.
When I do this again, I'll paint the tube black, white, grey or something other than leaving it brass.
Over all for a prototype, it turned out okay. I had the blank blow out and did a repair on one end. It cleaned up fairly well.
The stamps are reproductions that I printed and glued to the tube. The resin is Castin Clear from one of the hobby stores.
Once turned, the blank was sanded, MM to 12000 and buffed with a bealle system.

This is a long click out of black titanium bought from an IAP supplier.

Thanks for looking. Fell free to provide comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_3155.jpg
    IMG_3155.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_3156.jpg
    IMG_3156.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 381
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerH

I'm about to try casting for the first time, and thought I'd start with postage stamps too. Your first effort looks really good to me.

Why did you use reproductions of stamps?

Keep sharing your efforts, if you don't mind. They will help me a lot.

Thx

Roger

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for the comments so far.

The reason I didn't use actual stamps as this is a prototype and I didn't have any real stamps to use. The wife would be upset if she went to use stamps and there weren't any left. The internet allowed me to get a wide assortment of stamps that I otherwise would have had a lot of time invested looking for. You really can't tell that they are actual stamps on the pen.

Let me know if you have any questions.

JohnU

Looks good! I've been making stamp pens for a few months now. Thy have been a success with the postal workers. Themed stamps are a big success with those intrest groups too. To you guys trying for the first time, make sure you search and read about our failures so you know what not to do. Good luck!

firewhatfire

I have failed at my only one so far. I am running about 60% on clear castings at the moment. Gotta get the stamp right eventually. I agree on painting the tube.

Phil

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Did you print up individual stamps? Or is that one sheet of mutipule stamps?

I printed individual stamps based off the theme of the pen that was being done. This pen was ordered as a NASA theme. I don't have a source for used stamps. :bulgy-eyes:

Top Bottom