Postable Bulb Filler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from soligen

soligen

Things have been rough at work. Only managed to make 1 pen this month, so something new! I've never seen a postable bulb filler ... Until now!

Made from my own castings of PR. All parts are tubed for strength. The PR was a pain to thread, but it sure shines up nice! Stainless Steel clip. And, the bulb caps are done different than I have seen before - they are internal to the body.

1_DSCN1265.jpg

1_DSCN1264.jpg

1_DSCN1263.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

Sweet pen, Dennis! Very inspirational! Nice to see a good example of a threaded postable cap on a kitless.

- Joe

JHFerrell

I'm curious about how you got around the need for a breather tube. Or did you adapt the Heritance nib/feed in some way? As I understand it, bulb fillers need a breather tube to keep the air pressure equalized... hence my curiousity

Chthulhu

I'm curious about how you got around the need for a breather tube. Or did you adapt the Heritance nib/feed in some way? As I understand it, bulb fillers need a breather tube to keep the air pressure equalized... hence my curiousity

The breather tube is needed for the filler to work at all, otherwise it would just take in ink to the volume of the bulb, and the next squeeze would just push it all out again. Pressure equalization is just a fringe benefit. :)

IPD_Mrs

That is an excellent piece of work! Very creative, I love the blind cap/clip and I like that you tubed it for strength. Very nice looking pen .. keep thinking outside the box - you are on a roll!

Chthulhu

Great job! I don't know that I would have threaded the blind cap but that's just me, it looks nice though.

He *could* have left off the external threads on the blind cap and the cap would post fairly well by friction, but this is more secure and protects the cap threads as well.

I was looking at your photo set on modifiying feeds for breather tubes, and the only thing I can see that would improve what you do is to use a smaller diameter tube that fits into the hole you've drilled, simply to increase ink capacity (that fat tube takes up a lot of room!). It would probably need to be stainless steel miniature tubing, though:

http://www.mcmaster.com/ and search for catalog number 5560K432

Top Bottom