Post Your Pen Swap Photos HERE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Blind_Squirrel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jthompson1995

Here's the pens John (Goodturns) and I swapped at Bubbasville east yesterday.

A Cocobolo Jr. Gent rollerball John made for me:

IMG_2940.jpg

And a segmented Sierra in Cocobolo, Maple veneer, Ebony and Afzelia Xylay:

IMG_2933.jpg

Both of us had a hard time giving up our respective pens.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Yup, heres the pen I made for cigarman for this penswap. I modified a Sierra and made it a closed end maple burl pen.
tn_pen_by_CSue_For_cigarman_20.jpg

Sure was a lot of fun!

Jim15

Hello Everyone,
These are the pens from the swap involving edman2 (Freddie Pike)and jim15 (jim Schrand).

First is a Brown Mallee Burl with a TG Sedona kit. To: Jim15 from Edman2.

2007911151731_pen_swap2.jpg
<br />

This one a Honduras Rosewood with a Rhodium Statesman FP kit. To: Edman2 from jim15.

2007911151949_pen_swap_-_statesman.jpg
<br />

This was a great experience. Thank you Scott for doing this.

IPD_Mrs

Here is the pen that I got from my swap partner John Stout. Sorry for being so late posting this as we have been so swamped with work. [xx(]

This is a closed end sterling silver Sadona and BOW with absolutely gorgeous graining. CA/Blo finish with a laquer top coat. There is also a jewel embeded in the closed end but it is hard to tell from my terrible photo.

John and I set NO parameters on what we would do for each other - we simply stated what our likes were - John indicated he liked "Sierra type pens" and I told him that I preferred woods with distinctive graining and/or highly burled woods. We wrote each other at another point and John tried to get me to "clarify" a little further - my being female I simply said "suprise me." That probably wasn't quite fair - but John lived up to the task in grand style.

Thanks again John, I really like and have enjoy using it already. It has inspired me to start giving closed end pens a try.

Also thanks again to our wonderful host - this has been a great adventure and I would do it again without any hesitation.
Linda

200791715222_z%20044.jpg
<br />

Narwhale

Robert Ireland and I exchanged pens, think I got the best though.

He made a gold Baron rollerball segmented withe 17 types of wood: Beech, Makore, Bloodwood, Koa, Redheart, Purpleheart, Paduak, Maple, Olive, Rosewood, Walnut, Cherry, Kwila, Red Palm, Rambutan, Canarywood, and Black Locust.
Looks like another new standard for you segmented guys to work up to.
B3SMALL.jpg

B5SMALL.jpg

Bob got a closed end spalted oak gold el Presidente rollerball that took a couple of tries to get good enough to send.
c2bsmall.jpg

c2asmall.jpg

Bob got the gold pen with the blunt closed end.
Funny thing out of this is Bob says the el Presidente makes a nice dsk pen but is too large for his shirt pocket. All I know is that if fits in my XXLarge shirt pockets pretty good. (Something else to think about...)
Rich S.

ken69912001

Just completed the pen swap with PTJeff. He sent me a reall nice Black Ti Jr. Gent dressed in thuya burl. I dont know what the finish is but i do really like it. So from PTJeff to me ken69912001 here is the pen.

20079201204_DSC03971-1.jpg
<br />
Open view

200792012054_DSC03972.jpg
<br />
The pen i made for Jeff is one of my own design that i segmented. It takes about three hours to complete. The segments are- in the center is soft curly maple and paduk. The rest of it is curly hard maple. It is also my first closed end pen. I used a Baren kit for it.Take notice of the shading in the segmented. LOL

200792012615_DSC03960.jpg
<br />

200792012721_DSC03965.jpg
<br />

20079201285_DSC03968-1.jpg
<br />

Verne

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post pictures to this thread...so I posted my pen from Rherrell in my album "Verne". By Ricks discription it is Desert Ironwood and Antler from a combination of the Baron and Sedona. As you can see he modified the nib with antler and the CB and final with DIW. I think this pen is one of the nicest I have seen and the picture certainly does not do it justice.
Thanks again for the swap,
Vern

jssmith3

This is the pen I sent to Toni (Aussie-chick) I definitely know who's the more advanced turner is here (she is for sure)! Hopefully she will post the pics of the pens she sent me and everyone will know for sure. They are truly beautiful. Thank you so much Toni, I am honored [:)]

2007922165656_P1001090.jpg

2007922165726_P1001087.jpg

Snazzypens

That is my gorgeous pen that I am so pleased to receive it is gorgeous and this pen was hers. Janet said she loves the herring bone and snakes skin so I gave her both. She did a lot of work for me so it was my pleasure.
Eucalyptus and Queensland maples
2007922225632_janet%20pen.jpg
<br />
and

PYTHON from Glimmer
2007922225950_python.jpg
<br />
bye Toni

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I'm to late to "edit" my post here. (broke my arm.) But I'm so impressed with the pen cigarman gave me, I wanted to post the picture of the pen he made me.
tn_Penswap2007_cigarman_made_f.jpg

Maybe someone can tell me what kind of wood this is . . .

rherrell

These first two are the pens Vern sent me....

200792823540_vernswap1.jpg
<br />
This one is Fallow deer antler.

200792823836_vernswap2.jpg
<br />
And this one is a little something Vern calls " some wood scraps on a boring day" You crack me up Vern!!

This is the one I sent to Vern...

2007928231156_swap4.jpg
<br />
I call it a "Baroness", part Baron and part Sedona. Desert Ironwood and Whitetail antler. Modified CB and finial and some antler on the nib.
I sure had a blast doing this and I vote for making this an annual event. To me it's more than just the pens. It's an opportunity to make a new friend. I know Vern and I will continue to talk to each other long after this is over. Thanks IAP.

cutterwoodjoe

I sent a pen to T-bone, and I have been in touch with him, and he has had a very full plate with a lot of things right now so my pen will be a little late, totally understood, and accepted. He asked me to post a picture of the pen I sent him, it's a Chrome Baron in Spalted Sycamore

20079290451_ChromeBaron.jpg
<br />

Scott,
I got my pen off to Eric (EricW95) and have received mine from him, but I was so glad to have finished Eric's pen on time that I forgot to take a picture... and when I finish putting my computer back together and get my photo program back from my son, I'll post a picture of the one I got from Eric... unless he beats me to it.

bananajeep

Here are pictures of the pen made for Rojo22 (Robert).

The woods are from Kauai. The light wood is Citradora and the dark wood is Hau root. I used coke can aluminum for the accent bands between the woods. The kit is a blakc titanium Baron FP from Bill at AZ Silhouette.

Hope you like it. I think Robert does.

Mike

Edited to improve picture quality

200710216018_DSC_023312160001_1.jpg

200710216039_DSC_023212150001_1.jpg

MarkHix

Doddman (Shane) and I completed our swap. I made out like a bandit. My photography is not good so don't judge by the pictures. The pens he sent were awesome. He sent a Baron in Desert Ironwood that it too pretty to hold much less use, a Sierra in Jatoba that feels like it was made for my hand (and improves my overall appearance) and a Euro that his wife turned from a blank that they made that feels like silk and looks good enough to eat. I have new goals now for what my finished pens will look like. In addition, he sent me enough blanks to keep me going for a long time.

I sent Shane two Euros, one in Paduk and one in Bocote. He was very kind in his comments and sent me some more pointers on finishing.

stevers

Hi Mark,
I just had to show you this. Is this a wild coincadence or what. I made this pen from my own home brew of PR. I cast it and turned the pen about 2 months ago. Just thought you might get a kick out of it.

200710345642_my%20green%20cast450.jpg
<br />

MarkHix

It is a great looking pen too. I can see learning to cast my own in the future. I am not a very good photographer so you have take that into account when you look at the pens Shane sent. When my box arrived, I opened it in the garage and then before I would show the pens to LOML, I set the ground rules: They are mine. You can't claim these.

doddman70

Man Mark talk about a major butt fluffing [:D][:D] my wife said we need to widen the door to get my head through (your not just trying to soften me up for more blanks are you?)[:D][:)]LOL I'm glad you like the pens and the blanks it was a lot of fun doing the swap. like I told you your pens were very well done especially being some of your first very impressive. Steve I thought I had some blanks missing from the shop[:D][:D]LOL!! where are you getting your dye's ? very nice looking pen!!

Shane

winpooh498

Here is the pen I sent to bburnham. It is one that I turned several months ago. I had a pen in my mind that I wanted to send, but the harder I tried to get it done the worst luck I had. Isn't that called Murphy's Law? Oh I was very frustrated! Hopefully Barb will like it and enjoy it.
EPR Mother Earth, Baron fountain pen.
Enjoy.
Dawn
tn_closed%20baron%20ME%20no%20cb.jpg

tn_open%20baron%20MEno%20cb.jpg

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
My apologies to Mike (bannanajeep), as I still have not SENT his pen yet. I had to do a little unplanned traveling the past two weekends and have not finished his pen. I plan on working on his pen this week and if everything goes to plan, he should have it by this weekend. Again, sorry for the delays!

Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking
<br />Please explain how someone in IU's backyard can dare make a Kentucky Wildcat Pen?[:0]
I am a transplant ... Years ago, IU offered to pay me what UK would not. Plus, I can send UK pens to my Father and he sells them for me at UK .. haha .. Is that considered 'double-dipping' ?? nah [:D]

IPD_Mrs

Double-dipping? Nah sounds more like a smart business man to me, which would explain how you made it across the river![:0]

All in all I think that IU would be much better than if the Cardinals offered the same!

Mike

cutterwoodjoe

I recieved my pen from T-Bone (Tommy) today and I am very pleased with it. It is my first Jr Gent Retro in Rhodoum ( a very cool looking pen) all dressed up in African Blackwood, finished with Enduro. A great combination of wood with plating, and the fit and finish is great. I'm sorry my photos don't really show the subleties in the wood. Thanx Tommy, I will enjoy using as well as showing this pen for a long time.

200711345331_TommyIAP.jpg
<br />

200711345348_TommyIAP1.jpg
<br />

TBone

You're welcome Joe, just sorry it was late. I was about to post a pic when I noticed these. I'll add my pic to my album.

Enjoy

Scott, thanks for your work on the pen swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom