Post Your First Pen of 2018!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rolandranch

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DB in VT

my first of the year

Wall St II with a big leaf maple burl and CA finish.

Attachments

• Wall St II click.JPG
    Wall St II click.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 296

greenacres2

The last of 2017 was too special to pass up--a copper Monarch (ersatz Sierra) dress in curly maple, turned under the watchful eye of my Grandson, who then did the assembly--I had to help press the finial, but he figured out the other end on his own!! He'll have the coolest pen in Pre-School.

The first of 2018 was inspired by Seth's recent postings on SpectraPly. The black/grey was on top of the box of SpectraPly blanks--wish i'd used better contrasting colors for the test, but it looks great on a slim...much better than the photo. Blank was cut at 8.5 deg before regluing.

earl

Attachments

• IMG_1842.JPG
    IMG_1842.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_1840 (2).JPG
    IMG_1840 (2).JPG
    139 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_1837 (2).JPG
    IMG_1837 (2).JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

Rolandranch

The last of 2017 was too special to pass up--a copper Monarch (ersatz Sierra) dress in curly maple, turned under the watchful eye of my Grandson, who then did the assembly--I had to help press the finial, but he figured out the other end on his own!! He'll have the coolest pen in Pre-School.

earl

Very nice! I never had such a cool pen in preschool! :biggrin:

Spectacular Pen Seth,
Superb Blank, Expertly Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Excellent Choice of Hardware, the Antique Brass, Jnr. George.
Congratulations,
Brian.
Thank you Mr. Hawkins. Your comments are always appreciated!

A couple of originals

The "Energy" design and the "Reptilian" - both Classic Twist 24kt Gold pen kits. I decided that I need to "name" the designs that I have that are originals for some reason...

Lonnie
DeCathLon Creations

Attachments

• Classic Twist - 24kt Gold - Honduras Rosewood - Energy Design.jpg
    Classic Twist - 24kt Gold - Honduras Rosewood - Energy Design.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 229
  • Classic Twist - 24kt Gold - Bubinga wood - Reptilian Design.jpg
    Classic Twist - 24kt Gold - Bubinga wood - Reptilian Design.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 221

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Not just first for 2018.. But First pens ever!:biggrin:
The lighter of the two is a Slimline/African Mahogany and the Darker is a Slimline/Cocobolo.

I know I have a long way to go but I wanted to show off my first

Nice pens, Anthony.

Please also post these pens in a new thread in the SOYP forum. We have a monthly drawing for new member posts in this forum, but I don't go drilling down through other member's threads to find new member postings. If you start your own thread, you will be entered into our Jan drawing.

Dehn0045

The "Energy" design and the "Reptilian" - both Classic Twist 24kt Gold pen kits. I decided that I need to "name" the designs that I have that are originals for some reason...

Lonnie
DeCathLon Creations

I'm not usually a fan of contoured pen designs, but I really like your profile on the "energy". Thanks for sharing them with us, very nicely done!

OZturner

My jeans appear to have shrunk over the festive season so I decided to do some recycling

Excellent Pen Andy,
Great Pattern Achieved with your Discarded Jeans,
Excellent Close Up Photographs,
Is it possible to Post of the seam so that we can see how you blended the two edges together ?
Great Concept and an Ambitious Task.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:

Pen Joe

My first one for the year and my second pen that I have turned, my Daughter is a Nurse and its her Birthday, worked out great for all involved.

Attachments

• Dawns Pen 1 2018 (2).jpg
    Dawns Pen 1 2018 (2).jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 187

MRDucks2

OK, so I am a little slow getting started back up. 1st pen of the new year is not only First Pen of 2018 but also First: stabilized wood blank turned, use of the Magic Skew I bought during the Christmas sale to complete a pen, Primavera blank, use of this particular Cigar Kit and use of Trade Secret Carnauba Wax as a final polish.
ed63150a47bb6fb66575933e10439e0e.jpg
62b698e66ee1fb29e258ff7f46f43670.jpg
9de4b4a3b30d526d2db9875949de1dd5.jpg

The lighter specs in the clip up photo aren't actually dust but lighter spots in the blank that I am guessing could be from the stabilizing resin.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom