Post office blues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Had a customer order a couple of pens and I sent them this Wednsday, the customer called me yesterday and had not received so I traced the package and found out it's on it's way back to me as address unreadable ( I printed the lable off of their site). the casein pen was for her cousin who will arrive from England on friday. Made this replacement and will send overnight on Monday. Needed to make a couple of these anyway for stock just made me mad that they tore up the lable so bad that they couldn't read the address. The second pen is another reverse painted Bakelite. All comments about the PO:biggrin: or the pen:wink: welcome.

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Roy, I started putting clear tape over both the ship to and return address, it doesn't take a lot of moisture to smear a label printed with an ink jet printer. DAMHIKT
The pens are gorgeous, I like the reverse painted Bakelite, it looks like stone.

Brooks803

I have really marveled at all your recent work (all your work really...) All I can say is WOW. Out of all the bakelite pens you've posted I like this version the best. May I ask what color you are painting the inside of the blank? Again...amazing work. PO sucks too! It took a couple months for me to get my pith pen from Scotland bc they misread one of the numbers for my PO box and sent it back to Scotland!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
the casein pen was for her cousin who will arrive from England on friday.

You should have just sent it to me and I would have just passed it on for you.........er, maybe:biggrin:

I really like all these Bakelite pens you are churning out Roy. This one is cool too, but my favourite is still that one that got so light once you turned it.

toolcrazy

Roy, I started putting clear tape over both the ship to and return address, it doesn't take a lot of moisture to smear a label printed with an ink jet printer. DAMHIKT
The pens are gorgeous, I like the reverse painted Bakelite, it looks like stone.

I've run into the same problem with a package to the UK. Took 2 months to get it back. I, also, put tape over the address and haven't had any problems since.

CaptG

More outstanding work Roy. My goal is to be able to build them like you do. And I am another one who uses clear packing tape over the labels.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Sometimes, someone else says EXACTLY what I was thinking. Just goes to show there's a lot of brainpower wasted here!!!

Great pens, Roy.

Use tape on the labels.

sefali

Don't just cover the addresses, guys. I always tape the entire label, bar code and all. I've received a couple that barely made it, with just the addresses covered. One only made it here because they recognized the name at the local PO, and new where it was supposed to go.

Top Bottom