It is possible with PR....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Lately I've been playing around with Alumilite but it sure felt good to get back to good ole PR. Here's another kitless click pen, but with a couple of differences from the last. First off it's a 1 piece and second it's all PR. The black band just below the click mech was tapped and threaded to screw into the body and to accept the click mech. This blank was also see through like my previous one, but after looking at my last one I thought better of leaving it clear so I reverse painted them BOTH black (last pic :wink:). It really made a difference. Thanks for looking and for any comments made.

100_4034605x700.jpg
100_4039618x700.jpg
100_4042622x700.jpg
100_4049700x351.jpg

Your closeup:

100_4044690x700.jpg

Here's a pic with the one from my 2000th post after being reverse painted:

100_4051700x441.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

Both look great. I like the reverse painting better than leaving clear -- good choice! I really like the color patterns in the blue, but I'm undecided on the visible threading at the nib end. I think the clip on the white one stands out. So, positives to both -- I like where you're going with this style. Looking forward to seeing more!

Brooks803

Both look great. I like the reverse painting better than leaving clear -- good choice! I really like the color patterns in the blue, but I'm undecided on the visible threading at the nib end. I think the clip on the white one stands out. So, positives to both -- I like where you're going with this style. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks John, I agree about the threads showing. Turbowagon gave me a good idea of swapping out male/female threads for the front section to help hide them. Before I tried it that way I wanted to see how a 1 piece would look.

I like it! They're simple yet elegant. Is the click mechanism from Richard greenwald?

Thanks Gary, yes it's from Richards site. Best click mech I've come across.

hewunch

I like the 1 piece better. And the clip too. The reverse paint looks great. I think it is an improvement over ver 1.0

Top Bottom