This is the Pool Cue pen I made in Mark Gisi's Class

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Edward Cypher

Edward Cypher

This is the pool cue pen. The DVD is out and it is excellent but the class was even better. If you ever get the chance take his class. The first pic is the full cue, the second is the tip end (chalk) and the last is the butt bumper. Here is the reason you save all those little cut-offs. The bumper is ebony or african blackwood, the tip is truestone. All that is needed is 1 to 3/4 inch square and about 1/4 to 3/8ths thick. The mechanism is a slimline. The tubes are from a euro (ie one longer than the other)

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

That is a great pen. Very well done. You said you made it "in Mark Gisi's class," how long was the class? And what did the class cost? It just might be worth it to drive over the mountains to take that class when it is offered next.

Edward Cypher

Steve the class was $175 everything provided and you get the DVD. It was from 9am to 430. Honestly if you get the DVD it is a cinch. Cutting the pieces for the blank probably takes the most time, in the class they were provided. Glueing up and re squaring takes the longest time. The hardest part was the different drill steps for the tip of the cue. As that 7mm tube is only about an inch long followed by the diameter of the cross refill then the diameter of the refill tip.

SteveJ

Steve the class was $175 everything provided and you get the DVD. It was from 9am to 430. Honestly if you get the DVD it is a cinch. Cutting the pieces for the blank probably takes the most time, in the class they were provided. Glueing up and re squaring takes the longest time. The hardest part was the different drill steps for the tip of the cue. As that 7mm tube is only about an inch long followed by the diameter of the cross refill then the diameter of the refill tip.

Do you mean that the DVD itself may be enough to enable someone to learn to do that? It would cost me a 500 mile trip as well as a hotel room to take the course. Still might be worth it though.

Edward Cypher

Steve honestly the video is all you need if you are a visual learner. It is fun being in class with Mark but I bet you could do it with just the video. I get up to Palisade and Fruita during peach season I'll look you up when I head that way. If you have any questions give me a shout out.

Top Bottom