Pool Cue Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lorbay

lorbay

This is thanks to Skiprat in Wales. I still need to make some adjustments to my jig but I am getting there. This was my 3rd attempt at doing one of these and boy do you have to be right as the points or feathers can go out of whack pretty quick. Thanks for all the pictues you posted on this blank Skip.

Lin.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 505
  • _MG_0151.jpg
    _MG_0151.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 365
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Lin, you nailed it!!! :biggrin: Very well done!! :good::good::good:
They are a lot of fun to make, aren't they?:)

I must admit that when I first saw it, I thought it was a Pine and Walnut one I made...:eek: :biggrin:

Those points really disappear quickly when you start turning, don't they.......?? :wink:

lorbay

Lin, you nailed it!!! :biggrin: Very well done!! :good::good::good:
They are a lot of fun to make, aren't they?:)

I must admit that when I first saw it, I thought it was a Pine and Walnut one I made...:eek: :biggrin:

Those points really disappear quickly when you start turning, don't they.......?? :wink:

Thanks for the comments guys.
Fun to make :confused:not sure I would go as far as saying that:biggrin:
This one was walnut and maple and yes those points go really fast and with this style of blank it just amazes me the little you are out that really notice at the ends.
Lin

Carl Fisher

I thought I remembered the how-to involving some sort of router mounting jig and indexing cuts and such. But I can't actually picture how it is done.

BSea

I thought I remembered the how-to involving some sort of router mounting jig and indexing cuts and such. But I can't actually picture how it is done.
That's what I remember too. You route a groove at an angle so it gets shallower the further up the barrel you go. IIRC

lorbay

That's what I remember too. You route a groove at an angle so it gets shallower the further up the barrel you go. IIRC
Actually it starts off shallow and gets deeper up the shaft.
Here is the other one skip posted. Yet another way to make them.

Lin.

Top Bottom