Pomelle Bubinga Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GBusardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBusardo

First time turner of Pomelle Bubinga and I can not believe how beautiful this wood is. Not sure if you can see from the photo, but there seems to be rotational lines that run diagonal. I swear they are not sanding marks. Did anyone finishing this wood ever see such a thing? Anyways, I wanted to share the figure with everyone

2007211221456_pomelle%20bubinga.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guts

Gary,all i can see is one very nice pen and you are right it's really beautiful looking wood,never have used any though.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Gary, I can't comment about the wood as I've never heard of it. Heck, I can't even pronounce it!!![:I] And I certainly can't see any lines.
What I would like to say is that I really like the shape of the bottom half. I think that when this pen type is done B2B in a straight line, then the pen looks unbalanced and top heavy, but you have managed to make it look cool.

GaryMGg

Good looking pen and nice choice of kit to support the bubinga.
To me, Bubinga -- especially, the Pomelle and waterfall -- ranks right up there
with great Cocobolo, Amboyna burl, and Desert Ironwood.

- G -

wudnhed

I love Pomelle Bubinga, BigRob introduced it to me also. Your little ridges (lines) are in the figure of the wood. I like the look, more natural, just my opinion tho. Your pen looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom