Pomeganate with rest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mik

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik

The Orchard, Milton Lane, Wookey Hole, Somerset, U
A little departure from GOW - this number takes an ordinary 7mm twist into someting a little different. The blank was cut from the wood above and matches the rest.

Pomegranate turns well and takes a good finish - the grain show almost marble effect, it is lovely to touch.

Interesting [8)]
A fella pitched up at the workshop with a right scraggy looking piece of lumber and said this is wondeful wood! I said why? He said in Greek, the olive maybe the tree of life but the "Rothi" - Greek for pomegranate - is the begining of a "new life". Tradition here is that you throw the fruit on the doorstep in the new year to bring good luck!

2005321202736_special_1.jpg

Thank you for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mik

Thanks all

I will see if I can round up some more in the back an' beyond mountains, if anyone would like to try some let me know - by email mik@mikpens.com - I will try me best[:)]

Originally posted by wicook
<br />An absolutely fabulous piece of wood. Wish I could find some like that around here...but that's not likely in the prairies... [;)]

JimGo

Mik,
If you're able to scrounge some up, please post 'em on the individual or business classifieds. I'd like to try my had at a pomegranite, if the price is right. And I'm sure others will, too.

mik

Will do!

Oh today I was out and about and came across some Almond, reminiscent of cherry in color anyone turned any?

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Mik,
If you're able to scrounge some up, please post 'em on the individual or business classifieds. I'd like to try my had at a pomegranite, if the price is right. And I'm sure others will, too.

elody21

Totally amazing wood!!! Pomegranite probably turns as nice as most fruit wood. You were very lucky to get that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom