Polymer and Watch Parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mikie

Mikie

The first one is a titanium gold Streamline polymer clay pen, Toni's fabulous creations (really worth taking a look at her work for those of you that may not have already) inspired me to try it. It's my first attempt and is very basic, I was just trying out the Polymer as I had never used it before.

The Pristina Watch Parts pen is my second watch pen. My first attempt earlier this year was my experimental one. The blue background has a metallic blue painted tube, I destroyed 2 watch faces while bending them.

I continue to push my self to improve. Thanks to all of you for the inspiration and sharing your ideas on IAP.

Attachments

• DSC05092_1.jpg
    DSC05092_1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC05089_1.jpg
    DSC05089_1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC05087_1.jpg
    DSC05087_1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Great craftsmanship on the pens Mike. Love the watch pen. Only C&C I would have. If I made a Polymer pen in light pastel colors, I would use fittings in a Satin Pearl finish. Thats just my slant on how to keep it more feminine looking. The Gold would look better with darker or richer tone colors. Jim S

Mikie

Thanks for the tip Jim. I didn't really put too much thought into this on as it was just experimental. Polymer is a very new material for me and I wanted to see how it would harden with heat and handle on the lathe. Hopefully my next one will be an improvement. Really appreciate you comments. Had a look at some of your pens, and really impressed.

Top Bottom