Polymer Clay Flower and Butterfly Pen and Razor.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is a Jr Gent roller and well.... a razor done in my wife`s clay. She makes the design on the tubes and I press them and get them to the correct size. Then I skew them making sure all is well, then apply 10 coats CA sand, then sand again through all the colored pads.
I have now realized as CharlesH ? said some time ago that fresh sanding pads = a far better finish with less noticeable scratches.
Thanks for looking. Comments bad or good welcome.

IMG_6632.JPG

IMG_6634.JPG

IMG_6635.JPG

IMG_6666.JPG

IMG_6668.JPG

IMG_6665.JPG

IMG_6667.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Both are really nice. I like the colors in the razor...you should look into putting the Venus shave heads on them since I'm sure those are meant for the Ladys.

I also change my MM every 20-30 or so uses. If I'm doing something with Ebonite I have a rule that I have to use a brand new pack. It really helps with that stuff.

wiset1

Amazing work between the both of you. This is something that really stands out as unique and you've done a great job with it.

Thanks everyone for the comments.
My wife needed to do something after the nursery closes for the summer. So she made candles and soap which was a HUGE flop. So one day I showed her some of Toni`s beautiful creations and she said naaaah I cant do that. Then she thought about it and gave it a try and her first rose turned out pretty good. So that was it, she was hooked. Now they are not Up to the perfection of Tony`s work but she is getting better and better.
So my wife makes the canes and applies everything to the tubes. If it is a pen we are going to sell, I skew it to be sure everything is to size then apply 10 coats CA and.... If it is a blank we are selling, I just skew it to be sure everything is OK and to size and that is it.

Top Bottom