Polymer Clay Faux Black Marble

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Toni

I have been working on doing Polymer Clay Faux Stone. So far this is the only one that has been able to be turned. This is a Faux Black Marble on a Full size Majestic. I will continue to work on this as I am really determined to do some other faux stone.

I hope you like, feedback is most welcome as I am venturing into new territory:eek:

1_cropped1.jpg

1_cropped2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

50 Shades

I have been working on doing Polymer Clay Faux Stone. So far this is the only one that has been able to be turned. This is a Faux Black Marble on a Full size Majestic. I will continue to work on this as I am really determined to do some other faux stone.

I hope you like, feedback is most welcome as I am venturing into new territory:eek:

1_cropped1.jpg

1_cropped2.jpg

Perhaps a title stating fifty shades of gray/grey when you market this blank...

Very fine work, among the best on this site every time.

Toni

Wow, Toni! I never would have guessed that was PC!

That was my goal was to replicate truestone!

Is it okay to make a "Toni got stoned" joke, or is that just not...um.... PC? :rolleyes:

Go for it:biggrin:

Still working on it? It looks absolutely amazing.

Yes I have other faux stone I would like to try like Granite

The thinness of the lines is extraordinary. You have duplicated mother nature.

Thank you so much!

That pen is really gorgeous !!! . You have my hearty encouragement !!! . Let us know when these are for sale, please .

I promise I will let you know:)

Skie_M

Looks extremely nice ....

Have a suggestion though ...

Use some of the lightly transparent sculpey clay and some pastel colors in swirls and wisps to go for an alabaster look? :)

How long did you bake, and at what temps to be able to turn this on the lathe?

What clay mix?

Skie_M

Question about technique, if that's OK with you, Toni ... :)

Take white clay, shape it and bake it, then break it into chunks and embed it into black clay, put it on pen tube and bake again?

Working on an alabaster looking pen blank at the moment... I think my colors are much too vivid. I'll probably have to tone down how much I'm using. I'll post pics tomorrow, have to get ready for work now! :)

Skie_M

A polyclay experiment gone terribly wrong .... I was going for an appearance similar to alabaster or colored marble.

Yeah, I used too much color and it came out looking like a tie-dye'd pen... In fact, the first 4 people I showed it to said, "Oh, cool ... it's tie-dyed!"

sn9kuBt.png

My 4 slimline blanks, rolled and ready to bake .... top left is the blue that I mixed up with silver, top right is the red that I mixed up with gold, top center is the leftover slab of polyclay from this experiment.

Top Bottom