Polymer Clay Experiment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkY

MarkY

I'd like to say that I'm adventurous enough to be inspired by the great Polymer clay pens that I've seen to run out and buy some of the stuff. The truth is that I thought the process would be impossible. But when my wife and daughter were playing with some clay one night I thought I might as well have a go. This guy isn't great (a couple of voids, and I think I would have preferred the top and bottom to match a bit better)... but it turned out much better than I thought. I'll be trying this again.

DSC04888.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

I am really impressed for your first experience. I especially the like the top portion of the pen, as the number and size of the black lines (to me) on the bottom tend to reduce the impact overall. But I would enjoy seeing more of your work.

Gilrock

I think I'm experiencing Deja Vu. I thought I saw the same pen a few days ago. :)

Looks like nice work with the clay. I've experimented a little bit among the 27 projects I have going at one time...only made a couple canes so far...haven't tried putting anything on a tube.

MarkY

yeah

I think I'm experiencing Deja Vu. I thought I saw the same pen a few days ago. :)

Looks like nice work with the clay. I've experimented a little bit among the 27 projects I have going at one time...only made a couple canes so far...haven't tried putting anything on a tube.

I'm getting tech-senile, you're right I did post this already... I could swear that after writing the first post I got distracted and didn't post it... sorry.

I'm with you on the 27 projects, I've purposely not bought any casting equipment so that I don't get sucked into that void too (for the time being anyway).
So many things to try...

Top Bottom