Polymer Apollo Roller.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

My wife is still having fun making flowers and looking for things to plaster them on and I have good places for her to plaster them. I had an Apollo with a fake Turquoise plastic on it that has not sold in over a year. I turned the fake stuff off and gave her the tubes and this is the result covered with many coats of CA (she doesn`t like to make the clay the match the bushing sizes) The speck looking things is glitter. Thanks for looking. Comments bad or good or even tips welcome.
IMG_5750.JPG
IMG_5755.JPG
IMG_5751.JPG
IMG_5757.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dorno

Wow Very nice job. I bet you have no trouble selling that pen now. I agree with the others there could be a little side line business there with the polymer tubes decorated ? any thoughts of that ?

Cheers Ian

snyiper

That is simply stunning...I also see a market for tubes. That is simply awesome we need a tutorial on that as well!!!

Thanks for the comments everyone. She is really enjoying making flowers and butterflies from clay. We have a small nursery in central Louisiana that we close around the beginning of summer because well........ it gets to dang hot and people stop coming in. So she tried candles and soaps and liked it but could not give the stuff away for some reason. So this is her next hobby/ show items along with my pens.
As for making pen tubes and selling them, she needs to get better at putting everything on tubes at the proper thickness and also without distorting what she puts on the tubes.
As for tutorials there are tons on the web, that is where she started. There are lots of step be step instructions out there on how to make canes. Then you just wrap the tube with a thin background color and apply what you have made in thin slices from the canes.

srf1114

I 2 think it is is beautiful pen. I just have one tiny little critique, I wouldn't have positioned the clip over the butterfly on the cap. Could you have moved that so that it was over more of the background flowers instead of the eye catching Butterfly?

Thanks again everyone. My wife really is liking the polymer clay stuff and I like putting something different on pens.
I think the clip can be started in a different thread position so it can be moved.

Top Bottom