See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

I'll be calling these "ECPR" blanks...Ed's Chipped Polyester Resin:
MyResin23a.jpg

And here's the my first two ECPR pens:
MyResin24a.jpg

This is a great example of why I like playing with PR...every blank yields a surprise and they are like nothing available anywhere else. The only limitation is your imagination.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Nice, Ed! [:D] Since you aren't dealing with dissimilar materials I bet you don't experience the release tendency of the "chips" that I did. But your chips are considerably smaller than mine as well so that would help solve that problem too.

btboone

Hey Ed, About how thick are the chips of the other color you used? Have you tried them in the same color as the background? I'd like to see how close to the commercially available flecks resin that gets. Very nice look on your resins.

timdaleiden

Originally posted by YoYoSpin
The only limitation is your imagination.

Great stuff Ed. You continue to amaze me.

I loved the flag and embedded image pens as well.

Watch out folks, Ed has found a new way to make us all look like newbies. [:)]

woodscavenger

I have a name.....FRUITCAKE ACRYLIC! That is not a reflection of my feeling to Ed. [:D] Those little cubes remind me of those nasty little fruit chunks in fruitcake.

timdaleiden

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Those little cubes remind me of those nasty little fruit chunks in fruitcake.

I love those little chunks, whatever they are. [:p] That is what makes fruitcake fun. You never know what you are going to get. BTW, have you ever turned any stabilized fruitcake? Makes a nice Baron. [:p]

airrat

WoW looking great. I must stop looking at all the PR creations you all come up with. I will want to start some and take the few pennies I am putting aside for the baby.

Thumbs

Ed, I think you should "appropriate" the "FruitCake" name for that method of casting and add more colors, of course. I "see" one extremely bad feature of this mix however. The colors and "visual texture" almost completely hides your signature beads on the pen form! Beautifully shaped but it's hard to tell, at least in the pictures.

So when all is said and done you might just as well ship all those pretty blanks to us guys without any turning talent........ Well, that would help make up for some of our deficiencies, I'm sure![}:)][:p][}:)] Positive, in fact![:D]

<b>Addition:</b>
Ok, my imagination just runs in a different direction! I can hope,can't I?[V]

elody21

I am simply amazed at how good you get your finish!! Do you use a buffing system? That should be my next purchase. Great pens!

YoYoSpin

Thanks guys...the finish process on all my plastic pens is wet sand from 220 to 600 grit, followed by a Beall buff with the Tripoli and White Diamond wheels. No need for wax or other finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom