Polka dot pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

Last week I showed a Zen with a rainbow blank I had made. That blank was made from the extra resin that was used to make the polka dots in this pen. I turned the 3/4" solid color blanks to 3/8" polished them and sliced them into 3/4" section and glued them alternating colors into the 3/8" holes. I then drilled to the center of the blank on the sides and inserted the colored rods and glued then cut everything even with the sides of the blank found the center and turned round. It has some problems with gaps on the sides of the rods filling with sludge from sanding which I filled for the most part with a slurry of thick CA with black mica. There are several coats CA sanded and polished with Novus polish.
Thanks for looking.

IMG_7666.JPG

IMG_7667.JPG

IMG_7669.JPG

IMG_7670.JPG

IMG_7671.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaeger

Very cool! I think next you are going to have to turn the blank and then drill the holes. You may have to invent a jig for this.

Nice pen. They look like photos from outer space!!!

Thanks everyone.... I think my next one is going to be a white blank with holes drilled to the center instead of all the way through. Maybe make the blank an octagon so I can get more dots.

hewunch

I had a pen I made like that a couple of years ago. Made it out of woods. 3 dozen plugs. It won the ugly pen contest on two sites, AND I sold it. I guess I ought to make another.

obj981geo986pg7p20.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom