Police and Fireman Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

It's been a while since I've posted any pictures so I guess we'll see how this goes. I just finished these up and I'm pleased with the overall look. The red and blue background is cloth with the logos ironed on then cast. I will probably donate these to a local charity to try to help those that do the work. Thanks and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• PENS (2).JPG
    PENS (2).JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 304
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I bought it from Woodcraft and yes it is a click pen. I don't think the kit itself has the best feel but I bought the Fireman's kit first and want something for the Police Dept. as well. Thanks for the complements.

jttheclockman

I bought it from Woodcraft and yes it is a click pen. I don't think the kit itself has the best feel but I bought the Fireman's kit first and want something for the Police Dept. as well. Thanks for the complements.

Thanks Ken. I too have made a few of the Fireman kit with the axe and actually like that kit. I was hoping the same mechanism was used on the clicker for Police and maybe it is. I may try a couple of these. It is not too gauky and may have some appeal. Thanks again.

Kenny Durrant

I think the Police Pen is completely different. The Fireman's Pen is a bit bulky but it's a sturdy and or heavy pen. The Policeman Pen is lighter and the click mechanism feels a little on the cheap side. I like the Fireman Pen but I'm having trouble keeping the logo centered with the axe. The threaded piece that screws the blank into the top is giving me trouble. If you use wood for the blank I think you'd be ok. The threaded piece screws all the way into the top part of the pen so if you hand screw the adapter in first then press on the tube it will align but when you unscrew the tube there will be a gap between the tube and adapter. If you press the adapter to the tube first it will be tough to align everything but doable. My issue is the alumilite isn't seating well against the metal top so depending on the amount of pressure used to tighten the top depends on the alignment. I'm also worried about the pressure from the pen top will eventually cause the resin to separate. I do like the kit, I'm not sure about using this type of blank with it.

jttheclockman

I think the Police Pen is completely different. The Fireman's Pen is a bit bulky but it's a sturdy and or heavy pen. The Policeman Pen is lighter and the click mechanism feels a little on the cheap side. I like the Fireman Pen but I'm having trouble keeping the logo centered with the axe. The threaded piece that screws the blank into the top is giving me trouble. If you use wood for the blank I think you'd be ok. The threaded piece screws all the way into the top part of the pen so if you hand screw the adapter in first then press on the tube it will align but when you unscrew the tube there will be a gap between the tube and adapter. If you press the adapter to the tube first it will be tough to align everything but doable. My issue is the alumilite isn't seating well against the metal top so depending on the amount of pressure used to tighten the top depends on the alignment. I'm also worried about the pressure from the pen top will eventually cause the resin to separate. I do like the kit, I'm not sure about using this type of blank with it.

I know what you mean about trying to keep things in line on the fireman pen. It took me a few tries to get inlay to line up with axe handle and the red stripe I wanted axe dead center of the 2 stripes on each side. Took some trial but finally figured out just how much that part screws on and was able to make a few. I probably would have to learn all over again because I gave these to a couple fireman friends and sold a couple last year at a show. They are a real neat pen kit and made for special people.

Attachments

• Copy of IMGP0154.jpg
    Copy of IMGP0154.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Copy of IMGP0157.jpg
    Copy of IMGP0157.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 131
Top Bottom