Polaris Stamp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rizaydog

rizaydog

Another pen I made yesterday. This was not cast. I turned a piece of maple down just below the bushings. I sanded it to 220. I downloaded a bunch of pictures of old stamps. I used photoshop to rotate and place each stamp to look sporadic. I printed out an entire sheet of these stamps on paper. I sealed the ink with spray lacquer. I used a glue stick to paste the paper onto the turned maple. Once I got it the way I wanted, I sealed it in with a lot of coats of ca glue.

2.jpg

bruce119

Looking good. The ends look good that is where a problem is likely to show.

But if you don't mine me saying your photo looks like it is showing the seam. A good way of concealing the seam would be to size your stamps so that they would overlap a bit more naturally and carefully cut around the ends. A straight line seam gets your attention. An angle or zig zag is better.

But again your stamps look great. They got a nice real look to them:wink:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

SDB777

The seam...well, it's a seam. You can somewhat hide it by placing the clip over the top of the seam....but it'll still be there.

Not bad for a few minutes in PhotoShop, and some glue! Well turned!!

Scott (got stamps?) B

rizaydog

Thanks guys.

I actually did the "cut around the stamp" idea several times. I got a lot of wrinkles every time I tried it. So I had to turn the paper away each time. I got a little frustrated and just wanted to get it finished to see how it looked. So that time I did a straight line. I only took one pic of it and I chose the seem side for this reason.

It wasn't too bad. I learned from my many mistakes. So next time, it should go smoother... I hope.

Top Bottom