Poker with Curtis and Ed ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from THarvey

THarvey

... You decide if I have a winning hand or not. :biggrin:

This is my "waste not - want not" pen. I hate to see remnants of beautiful pen blanks go to waste.

Segmented a section of Curtis' Galaxy Cactus with some of Ed's Alternate Ivory. Added poker chips for an accent. Titanium and Gold Sierra.

This was my original idea for the PITH. But, since I messed around and didn't get my name in the hat :crying: I guess I will keep it.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Sierra - Cactus Poker Ivory.jpg
    Sierra - Cactus Poker Ivory.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 351
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

Are brutally honest opinions allowed? :eek:

Don't know you could be any more brutal than I have been. I would say, as long as comments are constructive and aimed at improving skills serve it up.

I had mixed thoughts about it, but finished it anyway.

Biggest regret is I didn't get it centered on the tube.

BTW: I posted this pic on my facebook album also. Already had someone inquire about purchasing.

Thanks

Texatdurango

My first reaction was that the gold in the cactus and the gold and black titanium finish in the kit look great together but the white and red just don't belong. I probably would have gone with black segmented pieces but I'm pretty conservative.

But hey, if it sells who cares what color it is.

Len Shreck

As a total newbie with only one pen under my belt I dont quite understand some of what you said but am going to look up what the FLA are But I think the red kinda draws your eyes to it, I guess I mean it makes it stand out more I like it. Some day I hope to make pens as nice. Please keep in mind I am a TOTAL newbie only made ONE pen so far... Len

mtgrizzly52

I'm not a newbie and I love the concept, the use of materials that might go in the round file, and I love the looks of the pen. Very Nice!

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

THarvey

Sold!!!

Pen sold in less than a day after I posted it on Facebook.:bananen_smilies051:

Facebook is selling more pens for me than my web page. :eek:

Think I will keep posting pictures there. :bananen_smilies104:

Top Bottom