Pocket pen/Desk pen/maybe in the middle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jjartwood

Jjartwood

I am a big fan of the Marksman Pen line because I won't have to worry about the finish degrading, so a while back I had a chance to buy a good size lot of feather blanks for the Eagle.
The brighter color blanks did not complement the Eagle kit as much as I had hoped ( not due in any part to the quality of the blanks or the kit just a taste thing) But as it turned out they look great on the Marksman Falcon kit.(again my taste only).
The mental gymnastics for me was,what do I do with the cap blank?
Well this is what I came up with,I don't think it qualifies as a desk pen but it does give you a spot to put the pen.
C&C if you like
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 146
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Slick idea. Maybe make a larger base, and add a bit of contour to the "cap"? You have a dual purpose pen, that looks sweet. I'm concerned about the brass edge scratching the pen, though. Ant issues there?

Jjartwood

Slick idea. Maybe make a larger base, and add a bit of contour to the "cap"? You have a dual purpose pen, that looks sweet. I'm concerned about the brass edge scratching the pen, though. Ant issues there?
Actually no,I left the top side of the blank untrimmed and used a 60% counter sink so the edge of the brass is not exposed and the nib rides on the plastic
Mark:biggrin:

Top Bottom