Plywood retro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
this is a Stabilized Box Elder Burl with Cocobolo and plywood accents on a Platinum Jr. retro. The finish is 12 coats of CA buffed to a high shine. I'm beginning to like playing with plywood on pens.

Attachments

• IMG_6285.jpg
    IMG_6285.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_6287.jpg
    IMG_6287.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 317
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Wade

When i made bowls often, I made several segmented of cd plywood and dyed it and filled it and polished. These for some reason sold like hot cakes

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Thanks for all the nice comments, I guess I'm going green with the pens...LOL... These are made from scrap pieces of Baltic Birch that are leftover from laser engraving pictures and signs, I get a lot of scrap and will be working with it more often.

KVBaker

That is one of the coolest pens I've seen, and that's saying a lot because there are a lot of awesome pens on this site. However, for some reason that pen really stands out to me. Awesome.

ToddMR

Outstanding looking pen. I think you did a great job. The segments looks nice and tight, the fit looks perfect and the finish, excellent.

SDB777

Pretty cool!!!! Great colors for segmenting.

I'm sure it's an optical effect, but I'll ask anyway.... Is the cap section 'off'/'not straight'?

If your eye follows the segmented line up throught the pen, it 'seems' to bend.....

Scott (or maybe my eyes are slanted) B

Top Bottom