Plumwood pushing the SL envelope

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I traded for some Plumwood a few weeks ago and I just had to do something with one of the blanks. I liked the look and feel of the wood so I just couldn't bear to turn it all away (I'm a little impatient... my 8mm Designers haven't come in from Woodturningz yet). As I was turning my wood muse presented me with this design. May be a little much for some of you, but believe it or not this pen actually feels very nice. The CB is Walnut.

200568225358_plumwood_SL.jpg

As usual, critiques are encouraged.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />I am not sure if my muse would do that to me.

ROTFL! I like that, Shane! I'm asuming you did mean "to me" and not "for me". [:D]

BTW, thanks guys! I know it's hard to wrap your mind around something like this. I just couldn't help myself. [8]

alamocdc

Thanks, again everyone. I had a conversation about this photo and perspective that made me think so I tried a different shot.

200569101751_plumwood_SL2.jpg
<br />

EDIT: I just sold it. Before lunch even! About the 8th person that saw it said, "Cool! I'll take it! How much?" [:D][:D]

Looks like my muse was right.

rlh

Billy
I like the second picture! The pen looks great and the grain and colors in the Plumwood show much better. Somehow it seems as though I have seen that piece of wood before.[;)] Glad our trade worked out well for you!! Looking forward to getting my Spalted Maple blanks back from River Ridge Products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom