Please meet ........Caesar and Bonaparte EMP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Because of this Emperor " fever " I did 2 of them and call them Caesar and Bonaparte the 2 greatest Emperor if I don't mistaken, wood is grey Ironbark Burl, for people who never heard about grey Ironbark please read this http://www.aussiewoods.info/species/detail.asp?id=48

I will update the photos and add the burl

Comments are welcome

Edit : Burl photo, no lighting or flash as been used

20051110208_ironbark%20burl.jpg

2005119231651_2%20emperor.jpg

2005119231721_2%20emperor2.jpg

2005119231750_2%20emperor%20fp.jpg

2005119231811_2%20emperor%20fp%20top.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Fantastic Serge, that is beautiful wood and you did a very nice job. Aren't those kits fun? I love making special pens and these babies fit the bill.

Wayne

Darley

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Serge--I couldn't resist adjusting your exposure such that these <u>beautiful</u> pens could be appreciated even more.

2005119233132_SergesIronbarkBurl.jpg
<br />

Geee Lou what you done to the pens!! did you put them in a toaster[:D][:D]

William will think about Cleopatra on this pen. but she was not an Emperor just the mitress of the great Julius Caesar.

Wayne love those kit they're easy to do.

Thank you all for your comments, wood are very hard and luky I do have 2 skews, have to re-sharp them for the second pen

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Serge, Cleopatra was not an Emperor, that is true, but she was the Pharaoh of Egypt for 21 years. Yes she was linked first with Julius Caesar and after his death with Mark Anthony, but she was a ruler in her own right.

Trivia aside, very nice work, even if Lou did toast them [:D]

its_virgil

Beautiful wood, Serge. I envy the fact that you have so many nice woods down under. I turned an emperior from eucalyptus burl that is really nice. I have turned all four I got from Anthony's group buy and must post some pictures. I've not heard of ironbark burl either, but it is stricking. Thanks for posting.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom