Please...don't laugh...first pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from micah

Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

Well, here it is guys! My first one.:D
Burnt the mid-night oil getting this done. Man I'm getting old. Since when is 9:30 midnight.[V]

Anyway, I couldn't wait to show it off. Cocabola (from Steve), and a 10k Cigar kit.
Honestly, what do y'all think as a first one goes?
Also, give me some pointers if you notice anything obvious that can be done differant.
I wasn't set up with my photo box very well tonight, so, sorry ahead of time for the picture.:(

Thanks for lookin!

Micah

20051284533_DSC00800.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Micah,
You stated that if we saw anything that needed to be changed. Well.....Get rid of the bird!
Great looking pen. Doesn't CoCo make a great looking pen?

Scott

Dang! It looks a lot better than my first one did! Good work! One piece of advice - keep your first pen! It's good to look back on where you started!

Scott.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Micah,

Let me echo both Ron and Scott. The pen should be the focal point of the picture, not just a prop. Definitely keep the first pen. 6 months from now it will be a barometer for the progress you have made.

Great start! Keep up the good work!

Dario

Great looking pen. You are off to a good start. [:)]

I agree..keep it at all cost. If someone wants it ...tell them to wait for the better ones [;)]

alamocdc

Micah, I thought you said you turned a pen. It looks like a bird to me. [}:)][:p] Okay, why would anyone laugh at this? You did a great job for your first! Fit & Finish both look good, and what's not to like about Coco? [^] I love the stuff!

Thumbs

Great job, Micah. Your picture taking skills might be lacking a bit but are definitely better than mine! A great looking first you'll be proud of for a long time. Isn't it just great to see that first pen turning under your own hands? Wait! It gets better yet, but never quite as exciting as the first time! LOL! Like so many other things done for the first time![:D]

gerryr

Sheesh, my first one looked like something even my garbage eating dog would reject. Great job for your first one. Let me also echo what several others have said - get rid of the bird.

Gary Max

Heck Micah---- I got here late---they already said everything.
But it's true most first pens never make it so you can be very proud of yours.

btboone

Looks good. I say if you want to have photos with the woodpecker, that's fine. Make a pen with woodpecker holes in it! [:D]

Also, for photographing, back up a couple more inches and zoom in to get a sharper focus. Be sure to use a camera stand and use macro mode.

Great job. Keep up the good work.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by Scott
<br />Dang! It looks a lot better than my first one did! Good work! .....

Scott.

Looks better than my first one also. And you know what? you only get better with practice. Now go make up a bunch and give them as gifts!

Woodnknots

Nice pen! I agree with the above. Keep that first pen! I still have my first one, it's a slimline in purple heart. Just b2b, nothing fancy. But it gives me an opportunity to look back on where I started.

airrat

pen looks great. I think the bird may have taken a dump on it. THATS IT I would pluck it and BBQ it.

People still ask to buy my first pen.

micah

Thanks for all the comment guys!
Y'all don't like the bird!?!?![:0][:0][:0]
I don't know what I was thinking!!![:I] It was late (for me) and I just needed something to prop it up on.[:eek:)]
I won't subject y'all to the pain again.[:D]
I was very satisfied being my first though. I think it came out well.
Thanks again!
Micah

BigRob777

Well, I just finished my 10th pen, since starting in June, or so and you have the finish down a lot better than I do. shape is nice too, as well as the fit.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom