Pleasantly Surprised

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mlconnelly

mlconnelly

Here are a couple of Atrax ballpoints that I recently finished. The blanks came from Mr. Brooks. As I was turning the first one (brown and green) my heart sank as I got near the end as I began to see the brass tube through the green. (I know, should have painted it but thought I could get away with it.) But I went ahead and finished it since I was already committed. As I went through sanding and finishing I was pleasantly surprised (amazed was more like it). The green began to look like a 3D glass window in the middle of the brown/gold swirl. The picture does not do this blank justice. It is absolutely incredible!!! (Hats off to Jonathon once again) The second one is another beautiful blank, several shades of pink and white.

Attachments

• Camo JB Atrax (Copy).JPG
    Camo JB Atrax (Copy).JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 334
  • Camo JB Atrax 2 (Copy).JPG
    Camo JB Atrax 2 (Copy).JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Pink JB Atrax (Copy).JPG
    Pink JB Atrax (Copy).JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 310
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

S.A.Mappin

I really REALLY like the brown and green pen. Brooks does some outstanding work, and one of these days I'm gonna visit him at his shop to talk shop.
Excellent work!

mlconnelly

I have had the pleasure of spending a couple of days with him. It is well worth the trip and he along with Shea are great hosts. It was like drinking from a fire hose as I tried to take notes and remember all the stuff he was showing me.

Waggoner

Great looking pens. I am also partial to the brown and green. I am relatively new to pen turning so could someone let me know who Mr. Brooks is so I could possibly purchase some of his blanks.
Thanks.

Brooks803

Great work Mike! I never would have thought that brown/ green blank would have ended up like that.

Great looking pens. I am also partial to the brown and green. I am relatively new to pen turning so could someone let me know who Mr. Brooks is so I could possibly purchase some of his blanks.
Thanks.

That's me :biggrin: used me a pm if you'd like to talk about blanks.

I have had the pleasure of spending a couple of days with him. It is well worth the trip and he along with Shea are great hosts. It was like drinking from a fire hose as I tried to take notes and remember all the stuff he was showing me.
Yep, Jonathon is a great teacher. :good:

Ahhh....a gold star for you Bob :tongue:

I really REALLY like the brown and green pen. Brooks does some outstanding work, and one of these days I'm gonna visit him at his shop to talk shop.
Excellent work!

My door is always open for visitors. Even have a spare bedroom for anyone making a long trip out (its not uncommon :biggrin:)

Top Bottom