Playtime's almost over. Let's end with a Bang!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

These are a first for me. These bolt action kits pretty cool. We'll see how well customers like them.

First up is made with M3 Damascus:

Then the next two are done from the same blank. I thought it'd be cool to make it look like the bullet was just fired. So I went with a combustion blank. Reverse painted black.

1st Half:

2nd Half:

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Gotta love those combustion blanks. Outstanding!
I was lucky enough to get one of Jonathons combustion blanks from the Castaway. You need to see these in person!

Last edited:

BSea

The 2nd combustion pen looks like it has a lot more fire. Must have been a magnum.:biggrin:

That is such a cool blank.

On another note, How do you like the damascus blank?

wiset1

the kits have grown on me, but like I've always said...if using one of your blanks someone can always just add a zero at the end of the asking price! That's how amazing they look partner. I always look forward to your work.

Brooks803

Thanks Everyone! Hopefully the customers will like them as much as all of you.

The 2nd combustion pen looks like it has a lot more fire. Must have been a magnum.:biggrin:

That is such a cool blank.

On another note, How do you like the damascus blank?

Thanks Bob! Yeah that end of the blank got a bit more mix to it.

The M3 is pretty cool. Once you apply the special finish it looks 100% better! Turns easily with my carbide tool. Gets hot easy though so I'd recommend step drilling.

the kits have grown on me, but like I've always said...if using one of your blanks someone can always just add a zero at the end of the asking price! That's how amazing they look partner. I always look forward to your work.

Thanks Buddy! Haven't seen you around lately, work must be weighing you down. I'll have to give you a call soon to catch up!

jyreene

Jon, those look great. I agree about the M3 materials. Easy to work with and takes a shine with that special finish.

Your blanks look amazing on those kits. That's the kind of blank I will be looking to buy soon because it makes the kit look like it was actually fired, then flash frozen and turned into a pen!

Brooks803

Jon, those look great. I agree about the M3 materials. Easy to work with and takes a shine with that special finish.

Your blanks look amazing on those kits. That's the kind of blank I will be looking to buy soon because it makes the kit look like it was actually fired, then flash frozen and turned into a pen!

Thanks! That was the look I was going for. When you get a chance to come by there'll be plenty of blanks to go through :wink:

Top Bottom