Playing with Truestone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mb757

mb757

Playing with Truestone, acrylic and aluminum. Not thrilled with the kit, having a tough time getting the clip to go on, seems like they are just a little small to go over the brass bushing. I'm liking the finished results though.

Attachments

• DSCF0862.jpg
    DSCF0862.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 438
  • DSCF0863.jpg
    DSCF0863.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 350
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work !! . And it really is a kit to love !

To get over the problem you mentioned, I got a 1 inch blank offcut and drilled a hole through it just a shade bigger than the "bushing", as you called it, and use a pen press to force on the clip

tomas

Playing with Truestone, acrylic and aluminum. Not thrilled with the kit, having a tough time getting the clip to go on, seems like they are just a little small to go over the brass bushing. I'm liking the finished results though.

The Princeton is one my favorite kits. I really like the feel of it in the hand. As for the clip, I always push it as tight as I can on to the finial barrel and then let the pen press do the heavy pushing.

Tomas

Gregory Hardy

Magnificent! I have struggled with married materials like these when the density differences are so great - just sanding can be difficult. (The acrylic wants to sand away more quickly than the stone and thickness differences can arise.) You have managed that very well. Fantastic work. Congratulations on the experiment!

mb757

Beautiful segmenting. I'm going through your recent posts - excellent skill set!

Thank you, I haven't turned a pen in a few years, finding I'm a little rusty, but starting to find my way. I have turned a lot of fishing rod grips over the years, just downsizing the turnings for pens. One of the people on this site have pointed me to a good photo editing software and it makes my work look much better. Thanks again for the kind words.

Attachments

• DSCF0862.jpg
    DSCF0862.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF0863.jpg
    DSCF0863.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 149
Top Bottom