Playing with Polymer Clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lacewood

lacewood

Cathy and I had some time to play....decided to make some pens out of Premo (Polymer Clay)

all pens.jpg

shop pencil.jpg

All comments welcome!

Have a nice weekend,
Karen

Wood Safari
www.woodsafari.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Very nice! I don't even dare try. Here's a heads-up though. Don't mistakenly look at one of Toni's blank. Her work with polymer clay is freakishly good and thereby very discouraging! lol

BigguyZ

Very nice! I started making canes myself recently. I'm curious- do you just build up the PC to the final thickness and then just finish it, or do you turn it down on the lathe at all?

Oh yeah, and what finish, if any, did you use?

Toni

Karen well done!!! You did a great job for playing around:eek: Tell me what pen is the last photograph? I have not seen it before.

lacewood

Thanks! This was definitly a learning process for us.... we cut the canes into thin slices, wrapped the tube, baked it.... went to put it on the lathe to adjust the thickness and ended up not even touching it with the chisel. This was just luck though... I put two coats of Shellawax on them (I think I will use CA finish next time) and voila!

We are making an animal print cane now.... will post some pics when that is done!

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful comments!

Very nice! I started making canes myself recently. I'm curious- do you just build up the PC to the final thickness and then just finish it, or do you turn it down on the lathe at all?

Oh yeah, and what finish, if any, did you use?

lacewood

Hi Toni,

Thank you so much! We have also seen your work, and wow are you talented!!!

It's a new pencil we just started to carry, called the Workshop/Sketch pencil.

Thanks again!
Karen

Karen well done!!! You did a great job for playing around:eek: Tell me what pen is the last photograph? I have not seen it before.

Top Bottom