Playing with my bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I don't think this qualifies as a segmented pen, just a glue up. I had a piece of light colored wood and some very thin pieces of Bloodwood, Satin and Bois de Rose, so I just started playing with the bandsaw. Can't decide for sure what I think of it and I can't remember what the main wood is. Might be maple, then again maybe not.

200641523543_BlackCigar1.jpg

2006415235435_BlackCigar2.jpg

Comments and complaints welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Billy, you might be right. I think you sent me a piece of Beech. I've been working on this off and on for about two weeks and any markings on the wood got sanded off quite a while ago.

vick

Nice design. Around here most of us use segmeneted and laminated interchangeably so I would not correct you if you called it segmented. In truth I would be had pressed to define the difference on a lot of the pens that we see.

M

Mudder

I would buy that one.
Expertly done and not too busy.
The wood contrasts nicely and the fit & finish look excellent.

nilsatcraft

Nice, Gerry. I love playing around with the glue ups and this one came out really well. I like how the inlays go throughout the blank but it's not too busy. Nice work.

GBusardo

Great Job Gerry! Nice design, not too busy and the pen still looks like wood, if you know what I mean. If I were to guess, i would take a stab at the light colored wood being white oak. it's not maple.
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom